Kestrel &2 400BDS or Kilo 2400ABS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kestrel &2 400BDS or Kilo 2400ABS?

Guys, I am looking to upgrade my shooting system and would like some input. Currently I have a Kestrel 4500 with no bluetooth and use the AB and Strlok Pro apps.

I am weighing an new Kestral 5700 Elite paired with the Kilo 2400BDS rangefinder or just purchasing the 2400ABS, I could still use the old kestrel for wind.

Anyone have a similar setup?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No personal experience with the Sig RFs. On paper it looks slick.

I use a Kestrel 5700 AB with Link connected to my iPhone as well as a PLRF25.

It’s a nice set up but very $$$$.

How far out are you trying to go and is it for one caliber or multiples?

Comment

Take a look at the Leica 2800.Com. I have the 2700-B, and love it. The reticle of the Leica is smaller, and more accurate according to everything I’ve read as well as my brief experience with the 2400. The new 2800 has slightly better range, but will pair with the Kestrel which the 2700 doesn’t do. I’ve ranged deer to 1600, and cattle to 1900 with my 2700. Hit trees at 2800+. I’m very impressed with the Leica, and it does have better glass. Both the Leica 2800 and Sig 2400 AB model run right at $1100.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossedArrows View Post
        No personal experience with the Sig RFs. On paper it looks slick.

I use a Kestrel 5700 AB with Link connected to my iPhone as well as a PLRF25.

It’s a nice set up but very $$$$.

How far out are you trying to go and is it for one caliber or multiples?
        Multiple calibers, out to 1500 or so. 1k is where I shoot most now, but would like to kick around a mile at some point.

Comment

Kestrel 5700 with AB Is what I would do. Again, I’m biased and am comfortable with it.
          The way I see it is either you know the distance already and you put it in the kestrel, or, you don’t, which means your probably are far enough away that you have time to range it, plug it in the kestrel, get an accurate reading, then make a shot. Either way you aren’t tied to a RF
          That’s just my .02

Comment

I just picked up the 2400 abs. Deals can be had on them. I paid 900 new. I have a buddy running one and after using his and reading/watching all the reviews I could it really seems like the right setup for me.

Comment

Love my Kestrel and feel it is the best out because it doesn't depend on phone. Pair up with the Sig 2400BDS for range only.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                Love my Kestrel and feel it is the best out because it doesn't depend on phone. Pair up with the Sig 2400BDS for range only.
                I went with a new Kestrel and updated to the 2400BDS rangefinder. I dont like depending on my phone, but can use it with the 2400 and other apps I have if needed. I am not sure yet if I made the right choice, I may end up with both if I dont fall in love with this new setup. My old Kestrel will be for sale if anyone is looking for an older model. Perfect condition.

Comment

The sig 2400 ABS doesnt require your phone either...

Comment

Working...
                  X