New Super Duty Sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
    Mine gets stuck sometimes, before I open mine I open the vent button first to break the seal then hit the open button. It seems to always work fine doing that.

Same here. Broke the tracks on mine, but it was under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine wasn’t under warranty naturally. I’m not a sunroof person but this truck was too good of a deal to pass up, sun roof or not. I don’t mind not having one or keeping it close but on the very few nice spring days we do have, it is nice it open it up.

Comment

I’m ordering my next one without a sunroof!

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
          Mine gets stuck sometimes, before I open mine I open the vent button first to break the seal then hit the open button. It seems to always work fine doing that.
          From everything I have read on various truck forums, it says to open via vent before retracting the whole thing. Have been doing this since day one and no issues yet on my 17 F-250.

Comment

Our field superintendents 2017 f250 sunroof leaked from the factory. It was misaligned. My wife's new F150 sunroof rattles. I refuse to open the sunroof on my 18 F350. It's hasn't leaked yet. So hopefully it won't ever leak. The upper end trucks are always equipped with one. I'd have paid extra to not have had it in my Platinum.

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
              Our field superintendents 2017 f250 sunroof leaked from the factory. It was misaligned. My wife's new F150 sunroof rattles. I refuse to open the sunroof on my 18 F350. It's hasn't leaked yet. So hopefully it won't ever leak. The upper end trucks are always equipped with one. I'd have paid extra to not have had it in my Platinum.
              I ordered the Lariat Value for my 17’ because anything Ultimate came with the sunroof. Finally 18’ and up you can get any Ultimate package without the sunroof. I wish that was available when I ordered mine as I wanted the Ultimate with LEDs minus the sunroof. I was absolutely unwilling to get the sunroof though.

Comment

Ive had multiple friends have issues with them leaking

Comment

They’re a blessing and a curse all at the same time. I enjoy mine but not as much as it has cost me already!

Comment

I suggest opening it every month or so and blowing out the drain tubes in each front corner. These are prone to clogging up with leaves and junk and abusing a leak into the A-pillar.

Comment

The price you pay to be a baller.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        I suggest opening it every month or so and blowing out the drain tubes in each front corner. These are prone to clogging up with leaves and junk and abusing a leak into the A-pillar.
                        Makes no sense at all. Don't open it for "leaves and junk" to clog it up??? These new roofs are sealed up great so if they're not used then they don't get anything in them.

Comment

Far from new, but my '08 F350 Lariat has one and I've never had any problems with it....of course now I've jinxed it.

Comment

Makes no sense at all. Don't open it for "leaves and junk" to clog it up??? These new roofs are sealed up great so if they're not used then they don't get anything in them.
                            Actually that’s not the case. A lot of the leak issues are from people who don’t use them, as well as people who do use them. The drain tubes direct the water away from the seams. When the drain tubes become clogged the water tends to pool at the seams, which then can slowly leak inside.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              Actually that’s not the case. A lot of the leak issues are from people who don’t use them, as well as people who do use them. The drain tubes direct the water away from the seams. When the drain tubes become clogged the water tends to pool at the seams, which then can slowly leak inside.
                              And every sunroof ever put in is susceptible to hoses getting clogged.

Comment

My friends went out on his F150 (same cab and same sunroof) right after warranty. Thing made all sorts of racket and then would not operate.

Comment

Working...
                                X