No announcement yet.

How many 22-250 hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son hunts with one, and he's pretty dang accurate with it. For his size it's the perfect gun and he makes the shots count

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

My daughters both still shoot one. Youngest daughter has close to 60 kills with hers…everything from turkeys to pigs to axis to whitetail to aoudad. She neck shoots everything and haven’t had an issue yet.

Comment

22-250 is the only caliber I use on doe, meat hunts. Neck shot, just below the ears. DRT. No damage to meat.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
          My daughters both still shoot one. Youngest daughter has close to 60 kills with hers…everything from turkeys to pigs to axis to whitetail to aoudad. She neck shoots everything and haven’t had an issue yet.
          Word.
          Thats where its at. Ive mine on 223 butd love them to feel the precision of a 22-250.
          Good push Yall.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-26-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
            We have a few of them. Started both kids on one. Daughter still shoots it. Boy favors a suppressed 308 now. I've probably killed 1,000 deer with one. It is an awesome deer caliber with the right bullet. In the shoulder, behind the shoulder, high shoulder, neck, it never really mattered. It is one of my all time favorite calibers.
            1,000 Wow

Comment

I have one for my kids. I like it but still prefer my700 BDL .243.

Comment

Currently looking to find a deal on a used one for my son. If anyone is looking to get rid of a compact/youth sized one, I might be interested. What loads are y'all shooting?

Comment

My mom has killed around 25 deer in her lifetime. All with the same Ruger 22-250. She always shoots them right behind the shoulder double lung. She has never missed or wounded a deer. All dead within 50 yds or so.

Myself personally have killed around 5 deer with a 22-250 with the same results. It's a very under-rated deer caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                    1,000 Wow
                    I used to help cull deer on several ranches for years. Lots of deer. I only mentioned it to show how much I like that caliber.

Comment

22-250

I’ve used one since I killed my 1st deer around 1970. 51 years I’ve been dropping deer in their tracks. Started with my Dads Sako and been shooting a Savage last 40 years. Awesome caliber.

Comment

Bought my first, of many, 22-250's 47 years ago. Main drawback is the standard 14" twist that won't stabilize many of the better deer hunting bullets. Building a 10 twist 22-250AI now and expect it will be my main deer/hog/coyote rifle.
                        Varmint bullets make spectacular kills most times but can fail miserably.
                        Use a good bullet that stays together and the 22-250 is awesome.

Comment

Killed my first 2 bucks with a bull-barreled Ruger M77 22-250. I just inherited it, cleaned it up, replaced the old Simmons with a Leupold, and can’t wait to put another notch on her belt.

Comment

I’ve got a Thompson chambered in 22-250. Love it. Lots of deer and pigs killed. I always aim for the neck with it. It’s fun to shoot and devestating!

Comment

I have a 20 year old Thomspon Encore. Agree with others that good bullets and shot placement are key. I have killed alot of deer and hogs with 55 grains.

Comment

Here!

Had APR build me one a couple years ago. It’s my go to rifle

Comment

Working...
                                X