Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2021, 10:59 PM   #1
dharris
Ten Point
 
dharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocksprings, TX
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default Y.O. sold again

So I heard the Y.O. sold again and it was sold to the guy that had the ranch with all the windmills south of Rocksprings that tried to join the grid and was denied because the money behind the guy is from China. So basically China now owns the Y.O.! Already talked to one landowner the backs up to the Y.O. that will be selling because he doesn't want China as a neighbor
dharris is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 12:06 AM   #2
Chase This!
Pope & Young
 
Chase This!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Off the shelf
Hunt In: Where ever I want
Default

Sounds like a dumb reason to sell.
Chase This! is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 02:33 AM   #3
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
texasdeerhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

I think I know who bought it
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 04:59 AM   #4
3rdCoastHunter
Six Point
 
3rdCoastHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharris View Post
So I heard the Y.O. sold again and it was sold to the guy that had the ranch with all the windmills south of Rocksprings that tried to join the grid and was denied because the money behind the guy is from China. So basically China now owns the Y.O.! Already talked to one landowner the backs up to the Y.O. that will be selling because he doesn't want China as a neighbor
Heíll prolly sell to China
3rdCoastHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 07:47 AM   #5
stx
Six Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default

I heard it fell out.
stx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #6
PYBUCK
Pope & Young
 
PYBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rankin, Tx
Hunt In: Upton County
Default

So the guy is from China or just his payments come from China? Half of the windmills going in are Chinese companies. Where does the power his windmills produce go? Are they not in the ERCOT grid?

Hell, the biggest taker of money from China are Sleepy Biden and his family and the stupid voters elected him.
PYBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #7
3rdCoastHunter
Six Point
 
3rdCoastHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYBUCK View Post
So the guy is from China or just his payments come from China? Half of the windmills going in are Chinese companies. Where does the power his windmills produce go? Are they not in the ERCOT grid?

Hell, the biggest taker of money from China are Sleepy Biden and his family and the stupid voters elected him.
So people who voted for Biden get money from China?Ö
3rdCoastHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 10:00 AM   #8
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Pow Pow!
Default

Dilligaf!
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #9
Hotrodd
Ten Point
 
Hotrodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Central Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Dilligaf!
No, no you do not! LOL!
Hotrodd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #10
dharris
Ten Point
 
dharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocksprings, TX
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYBUCK View Post
So the guy is from China or just his payments come from China? Half of the windmills going in are Chinese companies. Where does the power his windmills produce go? Are they not in the ERCOT grid?

Hell, the biggest taker of money from China are Sleepy Biden and his family and the stupid voters elected him.
From what I have heard the guy is backed buy the Chinese government and he was denied ability to hook to grid on that property south of Rocksprings.
dharris is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 12:22 PM   #11
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
Sounds like a dumb reason to sell.
Gotta agree with that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharris View Post
From what I have heard the guy is backed buy the Chinese government and he was denied ability to hook to grid on that property south of Rocksprings.
And this 2

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 12:27 PM   #12
MAP
Ten Point
 
MAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Corpus
Hunt In: Live Oak, Jim Wells, Dimmit Counties
Default

dang it was listed about 3 weeks ago, the shreiner family are the ones who screwed up that whole deal from the get go
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #13
STX_Shooter
Ten Point
 
STX_Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: San Benito
Hunt In: Starr County
Default

“I’m not going to be a neighbor with China” goes and buys Chinese made products… What a CS reason to sell but whatever.
STX_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #14
Voodoo
Eight Point
 
Voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Tejas
Hunt In: Highway Medians
Default

Kings & Serfs, stop trying to put a ethnic label on it…Serf !
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #15
techzan
Six Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
I think I know who bought it
Your Lufkin neighbor, David Frankens. I ended up buying a property of his about a year ago. Interesting guy to say the least.
techzan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #16
Speedgoat
Pope & Young
 
Speedgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jarrell
Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.
Default

I cant buy and own property in Mexico, or China, but they can buy whatever they want here. Makes sense.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 11:49 AM   #17
Phorizt
Eight Point
 
Phorizt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Granbury, TX
Hunt In: Public land
Default

So allegedly a wealthy American guy has wind power company with Chinese investors. This wealthy American guy buys ranch and now errbody up in arms about China buying legendary Texas ranch. Is that right?
Phorizt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 12:03 PM   #18
3rdCoastHunter
Six Point
 
3rdCoastHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorizt View Post
So allegedly a wealthy American guy has wind power company with Chinese investors. This wealthy American guy buys ranch and now errbody up in arms about China buying legendary Texas ranch. Is that right?
I think all thatís right is not a single person has the facts
3rdCoastHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 12:18 PM   #19
kingranch
Ten Point
 
kingranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: lakeway
Default

laughable
If you say you wouldn't take Chinas big green money you are lying to yourself and everyone else- I know I hate the fact that they are coming here but you are darn right Id sell to them if they would pay me more
kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 12:35 PM   #20
Speedgoat
Pope & Young
 
Speedgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Jarrell
Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch View Post
laughable
If you say you wouldn't take Chinas big green money you are lying to yourself and everyone else- I know I hate the fact that they are coming here but you are darn right Id sell to them if they would pay me more
That is sad.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 12:42 PM   #21
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young
 
Dusty Britches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cameron & College Station
Default

Ditto.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 12:51 PM   #22
bboswell
Pope & Young
 
bboswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montgomery County
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default Y.O. sold again

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch View Post
I know I hate the fact that they are coming here but you are darn right Id sell to them if they would pay me more

Perfect example of the problem
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #23
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
texasdeerhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lufkin
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techzan View Post
Your Lufkin neighbor, David Frankens. I ended up buying a property of his about a year ago. Interesting guy to say the least.
Yes. Heís trying to sell his place in town too.
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 01:02 PM   #24
warrington
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Heath, TX
Hunt In: Abilene
Default

Just like all the people that said they would never sell their house to a person from California until they came in and offered over asking price with no contingency. Next thing you know California owns the house. It’s easy to say when you would do with somebody else’s house and land. Just like saying I’m not going to buy anything that’s not made from the USA. That is incorrect everybody does. Is it frustrating, yes
warrington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 01:05 PM   #25
Phorizt
Eight Point
 
Phorizt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Granbury, TX
Hunt In: Public land
Default

Here's the actual story about this Frankens/China deal. This does not include the YO ranch as it was from back in August and is about the Val Verde county deals. Apparently Frankens is just an intermediary who is buying properties for this Chinese guy and immediately flipping them. But now that Texas put the hammer down on Chinese wind farms I'm not sure what they would want with the YO.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnhya...h=6aff79678c36
Phorizt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 01:09 PM   #26
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Military the only way
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 01:24 PM   #27
MUZZYSLINGR
Ten Point
 
MUZZYSLINGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palestine , TX
Hunt In: Home and wherever i can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
Military the only way

Really?? I guess Iíll get buckled back up again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MUZZYSLINGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 01:28 PM   #28
swamprabbit59
Eight Point
 
swamprabbit59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Where I Can
Default

A friend of mine married one of the YO owners daughters right before they started talk of selling it. Sucks. Was hoping to get to go Atleast hang out. I donít think he even got to hunt


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swamprabbit59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 10:10 PM   #29
dharris
Ten Point
 
dharris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rocksprings, TX
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch View Post
laughable
If you say you wouldn't take Chinas big green money you are lying to yourself and everyone else- I know I hate the fact that they are coming here but you are darn right Id sell to them if they would pay me more
One of the biggest mistakes this country has made is allowing non citizens to buy real estate and business's in the US. Won't take long and this country will be owned by non US citizens.
dharris is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 10:15 PM   #30
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young
 
Drycreek3189's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharris View Post
One of the biggest mistakes this country has made is allowing non citizens to buy real estate and business's in the US. Won't take long and this country will be owned by non US citizens.
Exactly ! A country started by geniuses is now governed by imbeciles. And We the People helped it to happen !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-27-2021, 11:23 PM   #31
sp-bow
Ten Point
 
sp-bow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Magnolia, TX
Hunt In: SHNF, MI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharris View Post
One of the biggest mistakes this country has made is allowing non citizens to buy real estate and business's in the US. Won't take long and this country will be owned by non US citizens.
agreed
sp-bow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com