Any F100 Collectors/Experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any F100 Collectors/Experts?

Family members truck and isn’t for sale. But they would strongly consider my advice so I am trying to be fully informed.

Looking at restoring an old ‘69 F100 but want to best understand long term value. This truck has the original 302/C4 combo. Has a rusty cylinder that I was able to free up but a rebuild is in order. Is there a vin number marking on the motor/transmission on these old Ford Trucks? A coyote swap is not the budget/vision but another block may be required. Therefore I’m trying to figure out how big of a deal to push for sleeving the cylinder vs finding a readily available 302 donor block. Or if doing a 347/429 build would create a more valuable truck for not much more money.

Same in regards to the transmission. It’s a C4 truck but I assume for not much more money it could be AOD swapped, stay original

I’m consumed in a Mid-Year Corvette Restoration and it’s boarderline insanity with how the market values originality when compared to any modifications that by normal standards would be an upgrade.

Just trying to determine some insight if any of y’all are more involved in the F100 market?

I am starting a similar year f250. I am not an expert but there should be another “vin” on the frame.

Comment

Not an expert but I have a pretty nice 71 sitting in the garage that I might want to sell.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6zKVwIAYO0"]1971 Ford F100 (Uncle Jesse) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
        I am starting a similar year f250. I am not an expert but there should be another “vin” on the frame.

Corvettes stamp the vin number on the block, transmission, frame, and rear end. The second one is replaced you lose $10-20k in value.

Didn’t know if a similar situation exists with these Ford and that would dictate how to proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post

You doing full frame off coyote swap or refresh and get back to cruising?

Comment

In almost all cases fully original is more valuable. Exceptions are high dollar upgrades the engines.

Comment

Should be a block casting number or engine serial somewhere with which you can get a date code. I'm not certain but my understanding is unless it was a limited car like a mustang cobra for instance, ford didn't match the engine vin to the chassis. My IH is like that, build sheet calls out chassis serial and engine serial. Someone else can tell you for sure though. There should be another matching vin on the frame.
              Last edited by jdg13; 10-22-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                You doing full frame off coyote swap or refresh and get back to cruising?
                Right now just back to running, titled and street legal. Then maybe bore the 352 to a 390 and convert to EFI and do all the bodywork/paint. Depends how bad the initial hurts my bank account

Comment

If you could find some old 289 HO 4 barrel heads and put in some flat top pistons along with muscle parts C90Z6250C camshaft that gutless 302 will make enough power to pull it's own weight. Otherwise drop a Cleveland 351 4V crate motor in it. Should bolt right up.

Comment

Nice bumpside for sure.... I wouldnt worry about the engine and trans... build it how you want it!! I've tied up close to $20K in my 76 F150. 460 rebuild, C6 rebuild, all new front and rear suspension, tru-trac 9", new AAW harness, running Edelbrock EFI, all new interior, electronic gauges and fancy stereo..... basically a new truck with an old body on it!!!

I couldnt get $15 if I sold it. The market is to flooded and every Youtube/Motortrend watching wrencher that thinks they have a Billion dollar one-off ride.

Comment

I rebuilt my Dads 79 F100. I ended up ordering a long block and swapping the motor out the last time. First rebuild we just oversized the cylinder bores and ran larger rings.

There is a number in the casting of the block

Comment

I love them old Fords. If anyone has a need for a factory 2bl air cleaner and a set of stock exhaust manifolds for a '77 351M, I have some.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          If you could find some old 289 HO 4 barrel heads and put in some flat top pistons along with muscle parts C90Z6250C camshaft that gutless 302 will make enough power to pull it's own weight. Otherwise drop a Cleveland 351 4V crate motor in it. Should bolt right up.
                          I'd go this route

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

My first truck was a 75 ford F-100 ranger 4x4 short bed. Previous owner (family friend) rebuilt to a 390 with a Holly 4 barrel and put a mild cam in it. Wasnt much on the top end but lots of torque with the factory 4 speed.
                            Fun truck to drive. During the summer she wore 35's and 38 inch murders during deer season.

Good luck with the restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                              Not an expert but I have a pretty nice 71 sitting in the garage that I might want to sell.

1971 Ford F100 (Uncle Jesse) - YouTube
                              Hit me up. Not sure I'm ready to buy it but always wanted one. Tempt me and make me say no

Comment

Working...
                              X