What To Bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What To Bring?

I know there are multiple threads similar to this, and I did some searching... but I also have a different ask. I have a couple of trips coming up and I am looking for things to bring other then the normal. I have a Dove Trip that has turned into more of a golf trip with the reports we have been getting and I plan on bringing some good whiskey and probably some meat for the grill. Any other good ideas?

My other trip is a little different... I was invited on a week long rut hunt in Ohio and my contributions have been minimal so far. I plan on smoking a bologna roll for lunches, but was wondering if there is anything else I could smoke or cook before hand... or may something I could bring the the Ohio'ns don't get down here. I plan on flying up with a small cooler.

Home made peach cobbler
    Good authentic dried sausage
    smoked tender loins
    Im sure ohio would appreciate a few wild STX hogs....the really small ones will travel better

Comment

Big pan of beef enchiladas is you make good ones.

Comment

Work boots and gloves. Always something to do be eager and make sure they know you are willing to work.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Home made peach cobbler
          Good authentic dried sausage
          smoked tender loins
          Im sure ohio would appreciate a few wild STX hogs....the really small ones will travel better
          What you got against ETX hogs ? I’ll donate !

Comment

Whenever I’m hunting out of state (with guys from out of state) I go by Bucees and grab bunch of beef jerky etc.. it’s always the first thing gone around camp. Can’t go wrong with good whiskey, I try to bring local stuff that others might not get to try due to location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A pot of real chili for the OH trip. Not the crap they pass off as chili in that state. Hold the spaghetti.

Comment

Comment

Tamales. Lots of delicious tamales

Comment

Oysters

Comment

Sounds like golf clubs are the first thing that needs to be packed

Comment

Brisket and cold beer. Anyone that doesn’t like that, I wouldn’t want to hunt with anyway

Comment

Brisket.
                          Beans
                          Chili without beans
                          Beaver nuggets
                          Axis steaks
                          Exotics and a few miles of high fence

Fact is, all of us northerners dream of shooting a pig in Texas or a whitetail. Seriously, if you mention Texas hunting here, everyone starts talking pigs, helicopters hog hunting, more pigs, exotics and then white tails. If you can line up a pig hunt with half a chance of success, you’re pretty much welcome everywhere.
                          When I come to Texas from Minnesota to hunt, I usually bring some fish to fry, smoked pheasant, salmon or halibut, deer dogs from our favorite processor. Good bacon, steaks and definitely good tortillas and whatnot to make everyone breakfast burritos each day. Other than that I pick up coffee, beer, and water for camp. I’m up early making breakfast and coffee and just try hard to help out cleaning deer, filling feeders etc.
                          A couple game cams, and cards are always appreciated
                          Last edited by Txtourist; 09-20-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
                            Brisket.
                            Beans
                            Chili without beans
                            Beaver nuggets
                            Axis steaks
                            Exotics and a few miles of high fence

Fact is, all of us northerners dream of shooting a pig in Texas or a whitetail. Seriously, if you mention Texas hunting here, everyone starts talking pigs, helicopters hog hunting, more pigs, exotics and then white tails. If you can line up a pig hunt with half a chance of success, you’re pretty much welcome everywhere.
                            When I come to Texas from Minnesota to hunt, I usually bring some fish to fry, smoked pheasant, salmon or halibut, deer dogs from our favorite processor. Good bacon, steaks and definitely good tortillas and whatnot to make everyone breakfast burritos each day. Other than that I pick up coffee, beer, and water for camp. I’m up early making breakfast and coffee and just try hard to help out cleaning deer, filling feeders etc.
                            A couple game cams, and cards are always appreciated
                            Y'all up north process your deer dogs???

Comment

Take some chips-n-salsa and maybe the fixings for queso. Everybody knows you can’t get good Mexican food up there.

Comment

Working...
                              X