No announcement yet.

One in the chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was always a little uncomfortable carrying a Glock fully loaded. I did it but still worried about shooting myself in the but.
    I went back to a 1911 style (STI) so that I could carry it cocked and locked

Comment

always carry with one in the pipe....

Comment

For emergency right now situations where you have seconds, revolver all the way. It's chambered, it's not on safety, it will not jam, it will not misfire & if it does the cure is pull again. You don't need to be thinking about any of that.

Comment

Always loaded and ready to fire except the shotgun and thats for for the intimidation factor of the sound. AS far as little hand go, if they want to shoot the gun, all they have to do is ask and we will go out back and shoot them. when you live close to the border these days , you always have to be on point.

Comment

Never!
            I prefer to defend myself with a firearm rather than a brick.

When grandchildren are present, the weapons, knives included, are either up, out of reach or locked up.

Comment

sounds like a bunch of people don't know the differences between 'loaded', 'unloaded', and 'chambered' or 'unchambered' terminology......?

As for me, I literally carry loaded(mag is full and inserted) but unchambered (there is NOT one in the barrel). I mean, how hard is it to chamber a load? Wow.

Comment

Only time chambers are empty is when cleaning. I have a total of 6 pistols scattered through our house with one on each side of our bed. All are in lock boxes. Carry pistols stay in the vehicles 99% time locked up in the garage. All of my ARs and one shotgun are loaded and chambered in our safe.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  sounds like a bunch of people don't know the differences between 'loaded', 'unloaded', and 'chambered' or 'unchambered' terminology......?

As for me, I literally carry loaded(mag is full and inserted) but unchambered (there is NOT one in the barrel). I mean, how hard is it to chamber a load? Wow.
                  Lol...If you think a round is kept in the chamber because it is hard to chamber a "load", then I am not going to waste time with an answer.

Comment

Never. Might as well have a rock in your hand if the SHTF.

Comment

While you are chambering the first round you have already been shot 3 or 4 times by the bad guy. Sorry, you lose.

Comment

Always hot…my booger hook is my safety.

Comment

No disrespect but please do some research. There are lots of YouTube videos out there to suggest otherwise. BTW, you aren’t carrying “loaded” without a round in the chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            While you are chambering the first round you have already been shot 3 or 4 times by the bad guy. Sorry, you lose.
                            how is that? lol. You must have a lot of enemies.

Comment

Wow is right...try to chamber a round getting rushed / blind sighted while fighting off a thug. There are no rules & the bad guys isn't gonna give you a warning in every scenario. It's not about what is hard, it's about real life scenarios & you are starting at a huge disadvantage. Have a friend charge you with your unloaded sidearm with a pretend blade painted with a sharpie to show body contact from 5yds, 10yds, 15yds & get back to us on how 'hard' it is to chamber a round while you wrestle with your buddy with that worthless piece of iron in your one hand while getting stabbed. There are literally dozens & dozens of vids proving an un-chambered auto will get you killed. You will not find ONE defensive trainer worth his salt who suggests this method of carry.

The fact we are even having this discussion with fellow carry folks is mind boggling...carry a freak'n revolver if a chambered auto scares you!!

Comment

Mine are always ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X