Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredericksburg TBOT shoot

How was it? I missed it!!

The shoot was awesome. The weather was awesome. My score was...mediocre. A little windy on the back section. Shots weren't too long, good use of terrain and vegetation. Some of the targets were so new I felt bad for shooting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Centex View Post
      The shoot was awesome. The weather was awesome. My score was...mediocre. A little windy on the back section. Shots weren't too long, good use of terrain and vegetation. Some of the targets were so new I felt bad for shooting them.
      He pretty much said it all!

Bisch

Comment

Those must have been the ones I felt so bad about messing up that I missed them entirely. I just knew there had to be a better reason than simple ineptitude.

Comment

Yep, it was very good. Seemed like just the right amount of challenge to the targets. The TBOT and Fredericksburg Archery Club folks are great. Really enjoyed meeting and shooting with Fuzzy Dog, Bisch and Steve Horn! Thanks again for letting me fall in with ya.

Comment

Thanks for coming.............

Comment

Great shoot, well set up, thanks to the Fredricksburg archery club.

Comment

Great course....Mark G. and crew did a great job of setting it up. Thanks to Mr. Buckhorn and the TBoT for keeping things alive in Central Texas. It does seem that every time I make the drive from Johnson City through Stonewall and Hye towards Fredericksburg, that the number of vineyards triples!

Comment

Well I guess I'll be the one dissension. Everything said before about set up etc. is true. Targets were set in some interesting setting, with some challenging shooting positions.
                  However, one of the interesting things about shooting trad is the various ranges that the shots are taken. Vanderpool, Chester, Canyon Lake, Austin, Bastrop have the shooting stakes set at varying ranges. Fredricksburg had all the yellow stakes set about 18 yards +/- 3 yards.
                  I understand that the stakes were set for the compound shooters and their sight pins but how hard could have it been to set one stake at varying ranges for the trad shooters?

Comment

The yellow stakes were at different ranges, not all + or- 3 yards. I'm sorry you didn't like the set-up. I'll stop there..............

Comment

I'm tired and it's late, just got in from taking down the range after todays shoot. We set the course up for our club shoot and the TBOT shoot , red and orange for mens wheel bows, blue for ladies, yellow for trad shooters and white for the little ones. I shot it again today and enjoyed it again. I'm sorry you didn't like our set up as we tried to make it fair for all levels of shooting skills...... I heard from some that the shots were to far and some to tuff......I'm finding after 30+ years of doing this you can't make everyone happy......maybe next year we will pass on hosting a TBOT shoot as we had no complaints today about our shoot.......

Comment

Really good people in Fredericksburg. They always give you their best, every time. Sorry I missed the shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark G View Post
                          I'm tired and it's late, just got in from taking down the range after todays shoot. We set the course up for our club shoot and the TBOT shoot , red and orange for mens wheel bows, blue for ladies, yellow for trad shooters and white for the little ones. I shot it again today and enjoyed it again. I'm sorry you didn't like our set up as we tried to make it fair for all levels of shooting skills...... I heard from some that the shots were to far and some to tuff......I'm finding after 30+ years of doing this you can't make everyone happy......maybe next year we will pass on hosting a TBOT shoot as we had no complaints today about our shoot.......
                          I wouldn't pass on it. Seems that there were plenty of people happy with the set up. Can't make everyone happy that's just the way it is. But if Bisch says it was good then that's all I need to hear LOL! Hi Bisch!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark G View Post
                            The yellow stakes were at different ranges, not all + or- 3 yards. I'm sorry you didn't like the set-up. I'll stop there..............
                            First I didn't say they were All at 18 yards +/- 3 yards or that I didn't enjoy the shoot. But for my obviously untrained eye, Mark, which target was at 5 yards, which one was at 15 yards, 8 yards, 17 yards? All of the shoots I mentioned above have shots at those ranges. It's what makes 3D trad shooting interesting.

Second my comments were an attempt to improve on what was otherwise a very well put on shoot. To cancel a TBOT shoot because of one person's slightly negative comments is just childish.

Comment

This is what you wrote......
                              Quote.... Fredericksburg had all the yellow stakes set 18 yards +or- yards.......
                              As for Childish, I thank you for your comment....

Comment

Working...
                              X