No announcement yet.

TSLC question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typical mentality these days! "I can't qualify if i follow the rules, so you need to change the rules". Next we will stop keeping score and give everyone an award for participating!

Comment

Originally posted by JMenendez View Post
      Typical mentality these days! "I can't qualify if i follow the rules, so you need to change the rules". Next we will stop keeping score and give everyone an award for participating!
      Now where did you see that in my post??? I was simply stating the obvious and putting what others have said in one post. I always play by the rules or I just don't play. I could care less what you shoot at the TSLB or any other shoot. The cream will always rise to the top and the people that b****(female dog) are generaly the ones that are getting beat. Fact...

Comment

This shoot means nothing to me one way or another. I don't shoot a longbow.

I really like the format of the shoot though (shot gun start, two day shoot, randomly selected groups the first day, peer determined groups the second day, group determination of score, etc.), even though I've never experienced it.

It's interesting to me also though that you could go back for at least the previous four years and see these same exact arguments posted each year (and for the most part) by the same individuals.

FYI...137 participants last year
        Last edited by fletcherfor2; 05-12-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
          Now where did you see that in my post??? I was simply stating the obvious and putting what others have said in one post. I always play by the rules or I just don't play. I could care less what you shoot at the TSLB or any other shoot. The cream will always rise to the top and the people that b****(female dog) are generaly the ones that are getting beat. Fact...
          My statement was not a reply to YOUR post, just a general statement. I agree with you 100%, play by the rules or don't play! I am not one of the ones B******* about the rules, but I am one of the ones getting beat.

Comment

Originally posted by JMenendez View Post
            My statement was not a reply to YOUR post, just a general statement. I agree with you 100%, play by the rules or don't play! I am not one of the ones B******* about the rules, but I am one of the ones getting beat.
            My apologies...

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
              This shoot means nothing to me one way or another. I don't shoot a longbow.

I really like the format of the shoot though (shot gun start, two day shoot, randomly selected groups the first day, peer determined groups the second day, group determination of score, etc.), even though I've never experienced it.

It's interesting to me also though that you could go back for at least the previous four years and see these same exact arguments posted each year (and for the most part) by the same individuals.

FYI...137 participants last year
              You need to change your ways Dusty. You should join in with Martha and shoot this one. I would even loan you a bow so you can slum a bit.

Comment

The rules clearly state "no pistol grips or weighted risers" however several people have eluded to the fact that they have never seen a pistol grip be disqualified.

it is possible that no one has ever seen a "pistol grip be disqualified" because bows don't have pistol grips, pistols do.

Bows have high, medium, low or some variation of these... but they're not pistol grips.

Comment

What the heck does a pistol grip look like on a longbow?

Thanks
                  Matt

Comment

I wouldn't worry unless you high wrist but I don't know

Comment

[QUOTE=fletcherfor2;5262642]This shoot means nothing to me one way or another. I don't shoot a longbow.

yea ain't it cool...

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                        What the heck does a pistol grip look like on a longbow?

Thanks
                        Matt
                        It looks just like it does on a recurve...

I’ve never been involved with the TSLC but if I had to hazard a guess I’d go with… back in the beginning a bunch of folks who shot longbows wanted to preserve the traditions of the bow and celebrate the style of the bow by putting in place rules for the event that differentiated the traditional longbow from the onset of the hybrid bow.
                        Today many of us just accept the locator, high wrist, and forward handles as the norm along with recurve tips or reflex/deflex designs; but it wasn’t that long ago that they were not accepted. Just as the compound was considered a gimmick so were the new designs.. So, I’d suspect that the TSLC is as an organization just trying to keep their tournament the way they want it and those of us who prefer the newer designs and want to call them longbows will have to live with their decision.
                        I for one have no desire to “change” their minds (there is way too much CHANGE going on today anyway); if I wanted to participate in their tournament I’d simply find a bow that fits the jig and learn to shoot it… By the way…. I don’t think any of my current crop of bows will fit the jig…. But I love shooting them and have no plans to change.
                        Good luck to all those competing in the TSLC…. Shoot straight
                        Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 01-22-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

was out at the club yesterday and what a great time, daved. neetz, gene. lewis and myself, shot on the practice range, quite peacefull and good folks allaround..

Comment

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                            The rules clearly state "no pistol grips or weighted risers" however several people have eluded to the fact that they have never seen a pistol grip be disqualified.

it is possible that no one has ever seen a "pistol grip be disqualified" because bows don't have pistol grips, pistols do.

Bows have high, medium, low or some variation of these... but they're not pistol grips.
                            Very good point!!! The locator grip on my TSLC "legal" longbow looks very close to the grip on most modern pistols. None of my recurves look anything like the grip on a pistol.

Comment

First year I shot there, 1998, my longbow wouldn't qualify.

So, with a lot of "here's how you do it" from Sam, (and in between fishing trips) I whittled out a selfbow and shot that.

Comment

Working...
                              X