Another Flu shot FYI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Flu shot FYI!

I posted earlier about my wife's reaction to her flu shot in this thread I started:

After talking to her and doing some research, THIS may be the reason:

A flu shot for seniors, we are both 68, that is 4 times the strength of a normal flu shot!!!!!!!!!!!

Her arm is still a little swollen and a tad bit sore! She was told what shot she was going to be given, but not actually what it was!!!

And NOPE, I will not be getting a flu shot, not now, not anymore!

Seniors, beware!

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    I posted earlier about my wife's reaction to her flu shot in this thread I started:

After talking to her and doing some research, THIS may be the reason:

A flu shot for seniors, we are both 68, that is 4 times the strength of a normal flu shot!!!!!!!!!!!

Her arm is still a little swollen and a tad bit sore! She was told what shot she was going to be given, but not actually what it was!!!

And NOPE, I will not be getting a flu shot, not now, not anymore!

Seniors, beware!
    My wife and I are 71 and 72 . . We get that shot every year . . No problems . .

Comment

Dont blame you for not getting one. I'll never get one either

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Dont blame you for not getting one. I'll never get one either
        I don't trust a word anyone tells me in the medical field anymore. If they can't discuss natural antibodies that puts them in the don't trust zone.

Comment

I do believe that if you've every had a BAD case of the flu you might change your mind about the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I don't trust a word anyone tells me in the medical field anymore. If they can't discuss natural antibodies that puts them in the don't trust zone.
            absolutly

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              I do believe that if you've every had a BAD case of the flu you might change your mind about the shot.
              I had a bad case when i was about 20 if i recall correctly. That was 32 years ago and honestly barely had a moderate cold since and being a fireman for 20 years and dealing with sick people every day i am thinking that bad case bought me some protection

Comment

My wife got COVID booster and flu at the same time. Zero reaction. Value of that info? Same as op’s I guess.

Comment

Wife and I both got flu shots. No problems here either.

Comment

I've been getting them yearly for about 10 years now. Zero issues......but I'm pretty badazz so ymmv

Comment

I get my flu shot today at work.

Comment

Got one a couple weeks ago, no problems.

Comment

I didn't have any issues this time or in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            I had a bad case when i was about 20 if i recall correctly. That was 32 years ago and honestly barely had a moderate cold since and being a fireman for 20 years and dealing with sick people every day i am thinking that bad case bought me some protection
                            I had a bad case when I was 22 and sick once more about 10 years later. I think the same thing.

Not sure why society as a whole always understood getting sick made everyone stronger up until recently then that all went out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              My wife got COVID booster and flu at the same time. Zero reaction. Value of that info? Same as op’s I guess.
                              Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              Wife and I both got flu shots. No problems here either.
                              You know lots of guys do "it" with whores and don't catch things. What good does it do those who do catch things to hear others say it's safe?

Comment

Working...
                              X