Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad hes alright

Comment

That’s a tough deal and I hope he is ok and I hope none of them get fired.
      You also have to worry about bacterial infection
      I got bit by a dog Labor Day weekend on my hand and it turned into a major issue with infection. Keep an eye on that, little teeth means the bite will close quickly which is prime for an infection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
        Thank you everyone. He’s doing fine today. I issues with the injections.
        Update?

Comment

Raccoons are just about the most savage beasts ever for their size. They turn violent so quickly. Hopefully those results come back negative for rabies.

Comment

If coons were the size of rottweilers, they would rule the earth. Meanest critter there is, and they can do more with less than any other critter around.

Comment

I would be up for a raccoon / badger cage match.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N14UOB_7UBg"]Badger - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I hope all goes well Jenn.

Comment

Lesson #2: Gov does bare minimum for the people

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                    Update?

Andrew is still fine. Got second dose of the vaccine. 2 more to go. Still no results from the raccoon. They didn’t send it off until Monday. [emoji35]

Comment

What is the cycle of rabies??

If someone got it today, how much time do you have for treatment / when do you see effects if untreated??

Comment

I feel bad for the animal control crew who work our area. The amount of posts I see on our Neighborhood Nextdoor app about calling animal control is ridiculous. Couple months ago a guy called them to attempt to remove a gecko from his front porch that kept showing up every night when he turned on his porch lights. ...and I could go on and on.
                        Glad you son is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                          Still no results from the raccoon. They didn’t send it off until Monday. [emoji35]
                          Should get results by today are tomorrow. They are pretty fast with those. Keep in contact with animal control. They don't get too excited about negative results and may not call you right away. Would be nice if he didn't have to continue the injections.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            If coons were the size of rottweilers, they would rule the earth. Meanest critter there is, and they can do more with less than any other critter around.
                            I had a good yard dog, a mutt, that would chase and kill a coon every now and again and get a little torn up doing so. Then one night, he followed one into a 18" culvert and without room to maneuver, that coon beat that dogs *** like it was his privilege. That dog wouldn't mess with a coon after that encounter. Flat broke his spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              What is the cycle of rabies??

If someone got it today, how much time do you have for treatment / when do you see effects if untreated??

The incubation period is anywhere from a week to a year with an average of 2-3 months (had to look that part up).

If you “get it” no treatment will save you. The post exposure prophylaxis is ideally started on day 0 (day of exposure).

Comment

Good luck to him

Comment

Working...
                                X