No announcement yet.

Bullying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no response from our drive-by poster Bear Charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Maybe you are making him feel uncomfortable. Maybe if your tone wasn't so aggressive he would feel more at ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Maybe you are making him feel uncomfortable. Maybe if your tone wasn't so aggressive he would feel more at ease.
        Aggressive tone? How so?

He has not even logged in since he started the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          I hope all these posters teaching their kids to punch bullies are taking a lot of time to teach them what a real bully is. You better believe the schools definition (and liberals) of a bully is far far less than what is deserving of a punch in the face.
          Valid point no doubt.

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
          One of the more rational posts in the whole thread. The school my kids attends (pretty small town 4a school) from the 6th grade on up if you get in a legitimate fist to cuffs fight and deemed the aggressor your leaving the school in cuffs. It’s insane to me but fighting is not treated the same as it was even 10-15 years ago and 90% of the time it’s the “bully” that gets away free and clear. Standing up for yourself is beyond important and needs to happen. However being in the 6th-12th grade and getting charged with assault is not a good thing, crazy times.
          100% truth to this. My oldest had a bought in alternative school for exactly that, the bully ran out and played the victim. They dropped the assault charges though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            Is Randy being a bully again?

Comment

Aggressive tone? How so?

He has not even logged in since he started the thread.
              It must be your aggressive posture then.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	burnadell.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	24650229
              Last edited by Hoggslayer; 05-06-2021, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                If someone had called you a salami head in the sixth grade, would you have gone home and asked your parents to call the school because you were being bullied?
                No, I would have turned around, dropped my drawers and confirmed his name calling was indeed accurate! LOL

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck I got hung in a tree by my feet first day of 7th grade. My buddies help me down and the next day I help another kid down. Was told it was initiation from Middle school into Junior High. Didn't think nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                    No, but I did bully a kid in our 5th Grade year. His name was Derek and he was “special,” actually he was just very smart. He left our school the following year and I had a guilt I couldn’t get rid of. He came back our junior year and I was able to apologize and we actually wound up being friends. I can still picture the time I threw rocks at him as he went down a slide on the playground in 1997... time heals all things but I will never forget that.

Bullying can be in many different forms nowadays, especially in today’s social networking world. I don’t want my boys to be “soft” but they need to understand what’s right and wrong. Hard or soft!
                    Dude....this is HEAVY! Good stuff.

Comment

A simple "please don't call me that" would have been fine.
                      I was in 6th grade in 1968-1969. If any guy would have said that to someone picking on him the fight would have been on.

Back then principals could actually wear your *** out with a paddle so we learned that there was a time and a place to actually fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        “You ever had your *** whipped by a salami head?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Well, one time at band camp...

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          Well, one time at band camp...
                          Oh goodness, she went there! I lol'd.

Comment

Just might be a salami head, whatever that may be…

Comment

No, but I did bully a kid in our 5th Grade year. His name was Derek and he was “special,” actually he was just very smart. He left our school the following year and I had a guilt I couldn’t get rid of. He came back our junior year and I was able to apologize and we actually wound up being friends. I can still picture the time I threw rocks at him as he went down a slide on the playground in 1997... time heals all things but I will never forget that.

Bullying can be in many different forms nowadays, especially in today’s social networking world. I don’t want my boys to be “soft” but they need to understand what’s right and wrong. Hard or soft!

Dude I am glad you posted this.

I was In 5th grade also and bullied a kid named Bryan (his twin brother scott as cool). Anyway I got caught and paddled by the coaches for picking on him. I have never said sorry but he turned out to be gay like we all suspected back then. He did not attend the reunions we have had but I will apologize to him one day I hope.

Comment

Glad you posted that. I got bullied some, but I did my fair share of it as well. I still feel ashamed about it. There’s been a couple I’ve been able to make amends to over the years, and a couple that I haven’t been able to track down. I’ve used it as a teaching moment with my oldest (8th grader) to tell him about what I did, and how I feel about it now, and how I want him to treat people.

Comment

Working...
                                X