Customer Service Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Service Rant

I’ve ben a member of this site for several years, mostly read but rarely post. But this has really gotten me riled up.

I ordered a rifle on line and had it shipped to the feed store in Hondo. This wasn’t my first choice of businesses to chose from but they had their FFL on file so my rifle could be shipped directly without me going thru the hassle of getting a copy of a FFL and mailing it.

I got an email Monday morning that the rifle had arrived at 10:46. I jumped in the truck and off to Hondo, 25 mile trip. Got to the feed store ay 11:30, asked for my rifle and was told it wasn’t there. Told them I had an email that said it was delivered. The employee told me that FedEx delivered guns to a “shipping company” and they would bring it over sometime. 25 mile drive back home. Checked the email again. Email said it was delivered and signed for. Being irritated, I called the store manager. He showed no interest in helping with the problem but did let slip that the “shipping company” was the feed store’s loading dock. When he realized he was going to placate me, he cussed at me and hung up. Very mature of him.

The whole point was that the rifle was on the feed store’s property when I was there. Why couldn’t the feed store’s employee call the loading dock, confirm my rifle was there and have it brought over? I could have been filling out the yellow sheet while it was being brought over and been on my way. Now I have to make another 50 mile round trip to get my rifle that was there on my first trip. Just really lousy customer service, from both the manager and the gun room employee.

Rant over. You can return to your regular scheduled programming.

This could have been avoided by calling the feed store before you left to confirm it was actually there. I agree they could have done a better job for you, but a little patients goes a long way. jm2c

Comment

lyssy n eckle?

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
        This could have been avoided by calling the feed store before you left to confirm it was actually there. I agree they could have done a better job for you, but a little patients goes a long way. jm2c
        Don’t make fun of little people who are waiting to see a doctor. 😎

If you don’t catch my sarcasm, I apologize. I was just trying to add some levity to an otherwise frustrating process.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
          Don’t make fun of little people who are waiting to see a doctor. 😎

If you don’t catch my sarcasm, I apologize. I was just trying to add some levity to an otherwise frustrating process.
          And if you can't make fun of yourself, who can you make fun of?

Comment

Mummies, I’m guessing. I would have called before the drive. I’ve had several guns delivered there with no problems.
            Last edited by 6.5 shooter; 02-15-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Did you talk to the feed store first about having the rifle shipped there?
              If so, did you discuss transfer fees?

If no to above, I could see where it would be agitating for random guns to show up and "customers" just want their gun and leave.

Comment

If I received an email saying it was delivered I would not have called first either. Also it sounds like the manager is a chump.

Comment

Every time I've had a gun sent to a store, I always ask if I should wait for them to call me or just show up. If its a small store, they may not check packages immediately, or even that day. Good chance they didn't even know it was back there.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                    25 mile drive back home. Checked the email again. Email said it was delivered and signed for. Being irritated, I called the store manager.
                    You have a flip phone dont ya?

I would have checked the email on my phone and looked for who signed it when I was at the store. I do feel your pain, I am watching the tracking number on a gun that is supposed to be coming in tomorrow.

Comment

Find out who OWNS the feed store and pay them a visit FACE TO FACE. Guarantee they would like to know about these 2 "stellar" employees. Then have them waive any extra fees for having said gun delivered to "THEIR" place of business for the time and fuel wasted on the 1st trip.

Comment

The FFL has to have have time to log the rifle in so they can transfer it to you. Maybe they only do that once a day or something?

Comment

Rarely does a day go by that I am not subjected to LOUSY customer service. It seems there is a generation of people working in retail these days that has absolutely no respect for the customer or the revenue they bring to their employers.
                          Sorry about that, didn't mean to steal your rant....

Comment

I can see both sides of the story. At our company, just because an item has hit the receiving dock it's not necessarily "here". Until all the paperwork is complete it is still "in transit".

To the OP, if this is the first time you have bought a firearm this way in the future I would call first to make sure you can actually pick it up. It's pretty common practice for it to take a while for them to get everything logged in. No reason for the employees to get snooty though, unless you dished it out first.

Comment

I’m going to stop in there tomorrow and get the other side of the story.

Comment

Working...
                              X