Texas Longbow Championship 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwsandite View Post
    Garfish what yr did this shoot only have 45 target, I think it was the 1st yr the dimensions were enforced?

I don't know the year the longbow shoot
    Started. It was a couple or more before
    I started going. I believe it began at the
    Cowtown range the first few years. It has
    Been 50 targets since I've been attending.

Maybe someone who has been around
    Longer than me will chime in with some
    More history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love to hear it, cause I still have my score cards

Comment

this is year 31...
        3 days for me
        4 days for some of y'all
        safe travels, and see ya in the woods...

Comment

oh almost forgot, ""been busy""

the main gate we usually go in MIGHT NOT BE OPEN. you will have to go in the gate by the bridge. we have cut many turn outs for traffic to pass, but please be careful coming down the road. A secondary opening might be open friday to get in to the field. as of right now we have not opened it yet. but watch for more updates, I'll try and post things as i get them...
          jeffro

Comment

I just got a call back from David Sykes. It sounds like they were having an issue with their email server and the emails were not getting through.

Everything sounds great, can't wait.

Comment

Is it muddy up there yet?

Comment

Oh it a little wet , we just went and picked up a bunch of traction matts to put on the bad spots .....

Comment

Sam, Enjoyed shooting with you today. Good Luck Tomorrow.

Course is set up great and is not in bad condition. You folks who set this up did an excellent job! I was expecting it to be far muddier (is that a word?) than it is. I wore rubber boots, but will not tomorrow unless it rains tonight.

Danny Jarmon had the high score that I remember seeing at 229.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Wayne

Comment

Rusty Horn is second in Open class behind Danny. Sparky Brooks had a 221. I think there are a couple of others inbetween those. I shot selfbow and shot what I thought was pretty good (199), but there are a half dz folks ahead of me. Brandon Rogers had a big lead in the Composite class!

Like Wayne said, the TSLC crew did a fantastic job setting a course, esp with the changes that had to be made because of the creek!

Bisch

Comment

There are three guys tied at 221 in the Open Class, I think for Third Place

Brad Reuthinger is leading the Selfbow Class with a 218

I don't remember who is leading the Senior Class, but his score was 203. I had a 196 in Senior Class and that is 5th Place, I think.

Wayne

Comment

Those are some real tight scores.

Comment

Good time I'm sure! Wish I could have made it but someone has to work....

Comment

Great course definitely a mental challenge.
                            Well I managed to lose 3 arrows and manage to finish last but I had a blast.

I love this stuff it's like driving a bicycle the harder you fall the better you get.

Comment

David, it was a pleasure shooting with you and Larissa yesterday. Let her know how much we appreciate her taking on the added pressure of keeping score for us. Pete

Comment

Texas Longbow Championship 2016

I had a blast! I shot my best two rounds I have ever shot at this shoot and with a Rob Green selfbow to boot! There were some very salty selfbow shooters this year. I ended up with a 400 and in 5th place in selfbow. Mark Holman won the selfbow class with a 434. Brad was 2nd with a 419, and Charles Alexander was 3rd with a 407.

Brandon Rogers shot lights out with his composite bow, and won the composite class running away with a 443! That was also the 2nd highest score turned in for the whole shoot!!!!

Can't wait till next year!

Nice meeting you David Rubio, even though it was brief along the trail!

Bisch
                                Last edited by Bisch; 05-29-2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X