No announcement yet.

Selfbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some I have been working on. Also you want to sell some staves from that log? Arvin
    Attached Files

Comment

Superb!

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
        Here are some I have been working on. Also you want to sell some staves from that log? Arvin
        I'd be willing to trade you for an osage stave Mr Arvin

Comment

Made this one in 1998. Sam had all the "here's what you need to do" and I did most of the whittlin.

66in, same 70@29 1/2 it was 18 years ago.

It has a bit of propeller twist to limbs, always has, but still flings 'em ok.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1987 (600x800).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	24444671
          Attached Files

Comment

Those are good lookin sticks Arvin.

Comment

Tom that bow has won lots of tourneys. Where you been? Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                I'd be willing to trade you for an osage stave Mr Arvin
                You mean some Osage staves! If you got some good ones that could be arranged. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                  Where you been? Arvin
                  Been around, just haven't shot much.

My last tournament was back in '08, but I try and shoot a doz or so arrows once or twice a year in the yard.

Comment

Sapwood

Bought 2 knives off ebay. A greenlee and a witherby. Both are nice, but the greenlee is better at hogging off the wood.

Comment

SwampGhost I have been looking for a piece of Ash to make a bow out of can you spar a stave. How much. PM em Please.

Comment

Originally posted by widdler View Post
                        SwampGhost I have been looking for a piece of Ash to make a bow out of can you spar a stave. How much. PM em Please.
                        I'm not looking for money, but a stave in trade of wood not native here would be nice. As this bow building will not stop now that I have been bitten

I have lots of ash in my area so I can cut another when I get a chance.

Comment

I have a piece of black locust I can trade. The stave is dry and ready to work.

Comment

You guys are giving me the itch again going to have to finish up the bows I have started and sinew back some of them!

Comment

Still have a ways to go!

Comment

Corey, is that an optical illusion, or is the bottom limb bending way more than the top limb?

Looks great so far!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X