Meeker, CO Elk Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeker, CO Elk Archery

Well I was supposed to be headed out Friday morning for an Elk hunt in the Meeker, CO area but I got a new job and don't have the vacation time available. My uncle, cousin, and some friends are still going so I was just trying to see if anyone has been before or has been in the area this season already? Any information I could possibly provide my uncle would be appreciated. He is hunting traditional and missed a big bull last year so I would like to help him out this year if possible. Thanks and good luck out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

You may post on Hunttalk. They have some members from that area that can give you current conditions. I remember one post from north of Craig that said the area looked very green. I think that was July or August. I've hunted north of there but not near Meeker. Good luck to your uncle.

Comment

Is Hunttalk a separate app or a separate forum here?

Comment

It is a separate forum all together and deals primarily with western hunting. It is Randy Newberg's site www.hunttalk.com . I usually don't list other forums but since your questions are specific to what they cover you may find more information there.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Lots of moisture this year up here. weather is changing to fall finally. This weekend it will warm up some but not for long. First snow last night and tonight up high.
            I second Hunttalk. Good folks over there. Just introduce yourself and ask specific questions. not mentioning unit numbers though. Folks will want to hear back after the hunt.
            We hunt in Wyoming, Snowies, but weather is similar to north of Craig.
            Elk are just starting to talk. The full moon may mean midday hunting, stay out over the middle of the day and elk will be talking. It was hot a few days ago, wallows may be good sits too, but they may be everywhere.
            I would tell them don't pass on any good shot on any legal elk. We all want a monster but a bird in hand.............

Comment

Good luck to the group!

I hunt very close to there between Rifle and New Castle. Archery was really hot last year and they weren't talking the week we were there. I drew muley buck and cow elk this year. Heading up for second rifle in Oct.

I'll be looking forward to your report.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have hunted that area several times but always on private ground

Comment

I've been hunting 12 miles South of Meeker(North of Rifle) for over 25 yrs. Was in Colo early August and went over there checking on status of conditions and the herds.

Was a very wet summer. Greenest I've ever seen the area. Herds are very healthy.

Hunting 1st rifle season 10/12

Comment

Working...
                  X