Novice Compound Bow Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novice Compound Bow Recommendations

Hey guys, I've predominately been a smoke pole hunter due to a shoulder issue, but have crossbow hunted for 10 years. I think my shoulder is ready to try a compound bow and I'm looking for a good beginner bow for me to get started.

I want quality over economy, so I'm looking for what would give me the best results but don't want to throw unnecessary money away of course. Also, any recommendations on where to get fitted for the right bow and test shoot some would help. I'm out of the Houston area.

I shoot mechanical xbow broadheads, but I'm thinking I want heavier fixed blade broadheads for the compound.

Any advice on where to get started is much appreciated, and forgive my ignorance in the process.

R

Hoyt Torrex would be a great choice.

Comment

Check out West Houston Archery. They set my wife and I up today. Top notch service and gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Button View Post
        Check out West Houston Archery. They set my wife and I up today. Top notch service and gear.

Appreciate that. I will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep a cheap PSE stinger that I let other people use because it is really easy to adjust draw length and draw weight. I can easily set it up from about 30# to about 70#. Maybe you could set it up and increase the resistance as you strengthen. I have not killed anything with this bow but am sure it would do the job.

Comment

Working...
          X