Single Pin vs. Double Pin vs. 3 Pin w/ Floater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Pin vs. Double Pin vs. 3 Pin w/ Floater

What is everyone's preference for deer hunting? Looking to make a move from my fixed 5 pin which has a lot of clutter in my opinion. I mostly hunt out of pop-up blinds and tree stands with 20-40 yard shots. Like the idea of having two fixed pins with a 3 pin w/ floater and also like the idea of having less clutter with a single pin. Seems like a double pin could be the best of both worlds, but I've only seen a few from Spot Hogg that offer those.

I switched to single pin 7 or 8 years ago. For the hunting I do, it is perfect. A shot over 20-25 yards is rare, if ever. Single pin takes any guesswork out of the equation. I love it.

Comment

I have the trophy ridge Hotwire for the price it’s excellent and you can leave your floater down on the bottom to keep it out of the way

Comment

I used to shoot a 4 to 5 pin sight for years. Then 5 or 6 years ago moved to a 3 pin slider and love it. I do have a single pin slider on my backup bow just because I wanted to try one. I'll be changing it to a 3 pin soon enough.

I am just afraid I will get caught needing to adjust the single pin and get busted.

Comment

I went to a 3-pin slider (CBE Engage Hybrid) from a 5-pin fixed. I don’t have a lot of time behind it, but I’m liking it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 5-pin slider on my bow. I put that on for my elk hunt last fall. My thinking is that I want to have a pin for all the highest percentage closer range distances, but I wanted the ability to dial for longer distances in case I had a good shot opportunity at a big, calm, unsuspecting elk at 60+ yards. I'd never shoot at a whitetail at that distance, calm and unsuspecting or not. But for elk, sure. They're bigger and not as quick and jumpy as a whitetail. I also am using a really heavy arrow, so my pins are farther apart than they'd be if I was using a lighter and faster "whitetail arrow". If I were using lighter arrows and hunting only whitetail, I'd probably go to a 2 or 3-pin slider. 2 pins are enough for me for whitetail. I'm not going to shoot at one much past 30-35 yards anyway.

Comment

I have the Fast Eddie Double Pin and love having a clean sight picture and being able to dial out for a distance shot (even just in practice). With my current arrow set up, I can have a 20 and 31 yard pin for tree stand hunting which is convenient. It’s also quick and easy to dial with practice.

Comment

I've got a 3 pin slider (trophy ridge react trio) and I love it. I hardly ever use the moveable feature except for target shooting, most situations around me are within 30 yards but I like having the security just in case.

Comment

I didnt want to be caught moving a one pin and like the three pin function.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                    I switched to single pin 7 or 8 years ago. For the hunting I do, it is perfect. A shot over 20-25 yards is rare, if ever. Single pin takes any guesswork out of the equation. I love it.

This. I have a HHA slider that came on my bow when I bought it. It’s set on 25yds and I’ve never moved it. Aim a smidge low 20 and in and dead on out to 30. I can’t practice further than that in my yard. Worked for me for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been bow hunting since ‘94 and I’ve always hunted with a single fiber optic pin set at 20yds. Knowing your arrow drop and yardage estimation is key. If you’re comfortable shooting out to 40, but regularly hunt at 20, I’d set my pin midway(30yds). Again, knowing the amount of arrow drop coupled with yardage estimation is critical when hunting with a single pin.

Comment

I use a MGB Ascent 5 pin slider but mainly for hunting out west. If I was only whitetail hunting in Texas I think I would use a single pin.

Comment

Hello Everybody, Im trying to get some info on if anyone hunts with the sights with lenses ie scopes and so forth. My eyes suck and Im thinking about giving it a shot. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comment

3 pin with bottom as my floater for deer. Can go 30,40,50 and use 30 for any close shots too. Then when wanting to have fun shooting targets/3d can use the slider to shoot far or specific distances.

I run a Spot Hogg and switch the housing out to a 5 pin for hunting elk, want less variables while out west

Comment

Working...
                            X