Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4runner/Tacoma-Maybe Tundra mega thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    Need input on Sequoia! My 4runner is not going anywhere.

Wife is driving a 2007 lifted suburban. Tired of endless issues. Found a good deal on a 2012 Limited. 100k miles. Looks immaculate. My only hang up is it's 18k. I know its Toyota but I've only owned the v6 models. Should we get an easy 150-160+

200k miles should be no problem.

Bought my 06 Sequoia 6 years ago with 105,000 miles. 196,000 miles now and only tires and general maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
      To measure that longevity, iSeeCars.com analyzed data from 13.5 million used cars sold in 2017. Topping the list of long-lasting vehicles was the Toyota Sequoia large SUV, of which 6.6 percent of those sold had 200,000 miles or more on the odometer. That's 5.5 times the 1.2 percent average for all vehicles that made it 200,000 miles in the study.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cars-mo...-200000-miles/
      If financing lines up I think we are going to pick up the sequoia. Got it down to 18k OTD. Hopefully gives the wife and kids a few years of reliable safe transportation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thinking about a Tundra (have owned several Tacos). My budget points toward a truck in the 85,000-100,000 mile range. Would you Tundra owners have any concerns about dropping $20,000-23,000 on a Tundra in that range?

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
          Thinking about a Tundra (have owned several Tacos). My budget points toward a truck in the 85,000-100,000 mile range. Would you Tundra owners have any concerns about dropping $20,000-23,000 on a Tundra in that range?
          Pretty much the same boat I am in. It is crazy prices have reached this.
          You'll pay about the same for all of them. General consensus I have found is The toyota v6 and v8 are good for 300+ if you change the oil and don't abuse them.

Comment

Don't forget the FJ!
            I went from this.
            [ATTACH]994379[/ATTACH]
            to this
            [ATTACH]994380[/ATTACH]
            to current
            [ATTACH]994381[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
              Don't forget the FJ!

to current
              [ATTACH]994381[/ATTACH]
              Where did you purchase? Looks like MY FJ that I traded in!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                Pretty much the same boat I am in. It is crazy prices have reached this.
                You'll pay about the same for all of them. General consensus I have found is The toyota v6 and v8 are good for 300+ if you change the oil and don't abuse them.
                It all depends on the trim and year model. Last year I paid $26K for an SR5 Crewmax with upgraded leather and 86K miles. That price was from knowing the manager and getting $3900 off list price.

If you can get into a Crewmax for less than 25K at those miles, and 2014 and newer, you’re doing good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                  It all depends on the trim and year model. Last year I paid $26K for an SR5 Crewmax with upgraded leather and 86K miles. That price was from knowing the manager and getting $3900 off list price.

If you can get into a Crewmax for less than 25K at those miles, and 2014 and newer, you’re doing good.
                  Man, its getting expensive to play! Looks like we are about to pull the trigger on the 2012 Sequoia. Crazy to think I am about to finance almost 18 on a 7 year old vehicle.

But the suburban went into limp mode on the wife again this morning. So..

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                    Where did you purchase? Looks like MY FJ that I traded in!
                    Arrow Ford in Abilene. 2012 1 owner 84,000 miles. I blacked out the parts and put on a Fox lift and bigger tires. I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                      Have an 89 just sitting in the garage. Will be for sale in the near future
                      Sold. I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by perchjerk View Post
                        Man. I’ve been a Chevy guy my whole life. I’ve been tempted by the Tacoma many times. Can’t swing the mid size though. Pretty sure my next truck will be a tundra. Very curious as to what the redesign will look like rumored for 20121 model.

Having come from a 2000 Silverado Z71 to a Tacoma.... you WON’T regret going to Toyota.

Comment

Well. No more suburban. All toyota now. Picked up the wife a 2012 Limited sequoia with 100k. One owner all maintenance done at the dealer. Hope we have some trouble free years in it!

Comment

Well. No more suburban. All toyota now. Picked up the wife a 2012 Limited sequoia with 100k. One owner all maintenance done at the dealer. Hope we have some trouble free years in it!

Congratulations!

My advice is to buy some replacement driver’s seat foam for it, because you’ll wear out the seat foam before anything mechanical will ever go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sandhillhunter View Post
                              Congratulations!

My advice is to buy some replacement driver’s seat foam for it, because you’ll wear out the seat foam before anything mechanical will ever go wrong.

Thats what i'm hoping for! That suburban was a constant source of frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                Sold. I'll take it.
                                I need the room. Come get it!

Comment

Working...
                                X