“Muddy” brand cellular camera question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the “manifest” muddy brand trail camera. If I stop the $15 a month service fee, will the camera continue to take pics as usual? Can I then remove the card , put it in a card reader or whatever, and still view my pics just like my normal cameras that aren’t cellular ? Or, if I stop my monthly service, will the card b empty of pics? Thanks.

Ttt

Comment

Call muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
        I have the “manifest” muddy brand trail camera. If I stop the $15 a month service fee, will the camera continue to take pics as usual? Can I then remove the card , put it in a card reader or whatever, and still view my pics just like my normal cameras that aren’t cellular ? Or, if I stop my monthly service, will the card b empty of pics? Thanks.
        There should be a setting in the camera or app to turn cellular off. I’ve got a bunch of different manufacturers cell cams. All of them can be used as regular cameras. They’ll take/save pics regardless of whether you have an active plan or not, same as they will if they have an active plan and lose cell signal. BUT, you do need to turn off cellular on the camera if you can so it doesn’t waste battery power discovering it doesn’t have a plan/signal each time it takes a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

As I answered you before, yes it can be used as a regular trail camera. Just go into the menu and turn transmission off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like this camera. I picked one up on sale at academy two days ago for 99 bucks. Been getting pictures ever since. Decent quality and seems only take about 2-3 mins to get them to my phone.

I do think the $15/mo is a little steep in price, tho

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                      Call muddy.
                      It’s a 75 minute wait.

Comment

As stated above, you simply flip the switch to stop transmitting the photos. Otherwise, the camera works just as a camera. All the cellular plan does is forward the photos saved on the card to a phone number or email.

Comment

Working...
                        X