No announcement yet.

Drawn Fort Boggy SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rifle hunted it last year and my buddy and I threw down a lot of corn. We both hunted from tripods. The first 10 minutes of light I had 2 bucks eating corn. I shot the bigger one, a 17'' wide 7 point. My buddy shot a doe that morning and had a shot at a nice 8 but he bumped his gun on the rest and scared him off. They seemed to like our corn.

Comment

My dad and I got drawn for the same hunt this year. We are bringing corn, stands, and multiple cell cameras so I’ll have cameras hunting spots while I’m hunting another.

Comment

Just returned from camping there yesterday.
        there are acorns on the ground already

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
          I rifle hunted it last year and my buddy and I threw down a lot of corn. We both hunted from tripods. The first 10 minutes of light I had 2 bucks eating corn. I shot the bigger one, a 17'' wide 7 point. My buddy shot a doe that morning and had a shot at a nice 8 but he bumped his gun on the rest and scared him off. They seemed to like our corn.

Did you use standard deer corn or something else (i.e. roasted soybeans, apple, other attractant, etc.)? All I’ve ever used on my leases is corn or corn/roasted soybean (Buck Ration).

@StraightWayOutdoors
          Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings

Comment

Originally posted by DXTroughneck View Post
            My dad and I got drawn for the same hunt this year. We are bringing corn, stands, and multiple cell cameras so I’ll have cameras hunting spots while I’m hunting another.

Good plan. I don’t think I’ll have a camera. Looks like cool weather with a wind shift mid-week. I’ll see you guys there. I may not hunt everyday/all day. Work has me busy.

@StraightWayOutdoors
            Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter31 View Post
              Just returned from camping there yesterday.
              there are acorns on the ground already

Fresh, falling acorns I take it?

@StraightWayOutdoors

Comment

Take a fishing pole if you care to hit the little lake too. Dinner at the general store Friday or Saturday is always a win too.

Comment

Originally posted by Planopurist View Post
                  Did you use standard deer corn or something else (i.e. roasted soybeans, apple, other attractant, etc.)? All I’ve ever used on my leases is corn or corn/roasted soybean (Buck Ration).

@StraightWayOutdoors
                  Nothing special, just regular corn from buccees. The group before us didn't hunt to hard and they had a norther come in during the hunt. The guy the hunted our compartment before us just sat in his truck watching a pipeline. This was early december and we saw lots of rubs and scrapes. We only had the standard two half days and one full day. They made it a five day hunt this year. That would be awesome. Bring an atv if you have one. It sure made setting up stands and carrying out deer a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Planopurist View Post
                    I have a game cart and my take my mountain bike. That’s a good point about the pipeline. I noticed it on google earth. I should be able to find game trails up and down the pipeline pretty easily, if not other places as well. I may go scout in a few weeks. I drew the first week of October so the acorns may not be dropping yet. They allow baiting so I may carry a few pvc gravity’s feeders when I finally hunt it.

Thx!

@StraightWayOutdoors

Any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X