Not Happy .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Happy .......

Today was my first chance to shoot my bow this year.

I turned 70 and my shoulder just gave out .... couldn't even pull my bow back one time. I tried having the poundage turned down to 59#, but still couldn't pull it back.

I am so disappointed that I won't be able to bow hunt this year.

I may have to go to a crossbow next year. Very unhappy!

No shame in a crossbow! Get one and bowhunt this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
      No shame in a crossbow! Get one and bowhunt this year.
      X2

Comment

Get you a bow that you can turn way down then work your way back up, or get some exercise bands. You'd be surprised how fast you can build it back up.

Comment

I am waiting for that day every time I pull back. The ortho doc told me 10 years or so ago to quit bowhunting because of the arthritis in my shoulders. I hunted with a crossbow for two years and decided I would go back to a regular bow as long as I can. So I feel like I'm on borrowed time as it is. Once I get there it will be back to a crossbow. Good luck

Comment

Here's your solution ^^^^^^^

Comment

Hey I am in the same shape I an 73 I still can draw 52-54 with a haylon 6
              but can only shoot about three times and then done for a while. The longer axel
              bows are easer to pull back May try one 40 to 50 they usually go up about 3 to 4 lbs over 50 at 20 yards kill most any deer. I had to get a cross bow I think anybody 70 or older gets a free pass from the younger crowd

Comment

Sorry to hear, as mentioned above weights and lower poundage. hope it works out for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  I was just about to pimp your ad to him...ha.

Comment

Yeah getcha one of them crossbows or a lighter poundage bows and get back in there. Welcome to the GOF club! Good luck on rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                      I was just about to pimp your ad to him...ha.

Thanks.

I shoot a 70 lb bow, but I know I won't be able to forever. Crossbows are a great way to stay involved in Archery.

Comment

I am 73 and haven't had my regular 6-month shoulder shot in 18 months and am going fine so far. Don't even want to think about not being able to pull the bow.

One thing---don't put the bow up after the season---keep on shooting, even if it is only 10 arrows per session 3 times per week.

Comment

Get a low poundage Trad, bow to use in off months to stay in shape. You might just like Trad better.

Comment

What poundage CAN you draw?
                            People kill deer all the time with ~45lb bows

Comment

I've had 4 shoulder surgeries and both collar bones are dislocated. I've been hunting at 62 lbs but as I'm getting older I've thought about dropping down to a 50 lb bow. There was a great deal on a Hoyt Carbon 40-50 in the classifieds for sale, please go buy it so I don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X