Let’s see your gun project…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s see your gun project…

This project was pretty simple… This old LC Smith shotgun had a lot of character… but the 30 inch barrels were dented out toward the end of the barrel… The butt plate was shattered…. I had the barrels professionally cut to 18.5 inches.. and had a Decelerator pad added…. It made it a good home.. self defense weapon… Sorry I didn’t take any before pics… I know others have had lever gun and AR projects…etc…
    Attached Files

looks a lot like a "Greener" from the old John Wayne movies... well cept no hammers... Crying shame to have to chop up an old classic like that!

Comment

Keg,

It looks like it would also be good for bank withdrawls and collection work!

Comment

Putting together an 8.6 blackout SBR currently. Will post pictures as it comes together. Still waiting on my form 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          looks a lot like a "Greener" from the old John Wayne movies... well cept no hammers... Crying shame to have to chop up an old classic like that!
          It was in a room.. garage apartment in Louisiana.. for years and years…. If it had been in better shape.. it wouldn’t have got chopped…🤷*♂️…. It’ll at least be shot some now…

Comment

I have an old L C Smith hammer gun with Damascus barrels. I’ve often thought about getting some Briley sub gauge inserts and shooting it a little but I don’t even know if they would work in it.

Nice looking old shotgun there Keg.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              I have an old L C Smith hammer gun with Damascus barrels. I’ve often thought about getting some Briley sub gauge inserts and shooting it a little but I don’t even know if they would work in it.

Nice looking old shotgun there Keg.
              Thank you sir! This gun was made in ‘49 with armor steel barrels… Its good with high brass… I wouldn’t know on a twist barrel…. That would be cool… I bet pricey too….

Comment

I love those classic LC Smith’s with double triggers. Shame it got neglected. Hopefully you can enjoy it now.

Comment

OP that is freakin sweet!! I love old western guns like that.

My current project is a 7SAUM I’m still gathering parts for. Last piece of the puzzle is the stock I’ve been waiting 6 months and counting for. It’s a AG composite in the new Carbon K2.

Comment

Think we can classify this as a project?
                    1967 Rem 700 action (originally in .243 win)

Threw a TT diamond in about 4 months ago

Still wasn’t shooting like I wanted so upgraded to a H-S Precision stock
                    Performance was still middle of the road, 1” at best…

Barrel came about a month ago, decided to go with 6XC just to be boujee

Was shooting FANTASTIC, just wasn’t quite as ergonomic as I’d like…. New stock time!

Now she sits in a MDT ACC and shoots like an absolute DREAM! Next on the pipeline is a Razor G3….. presuming the wallet doesn’t cry too terribly much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a similar project right when covid hit. I picked up a Smith & Wesson 12 ga pump with a 28 inch barrel on Gunbroker for $60. Exterior of the barrel had pitting and the recoil pad was toast.

I cut the barrel down to 19 inches with a hacksaw, faced it off even and took it down to 18.5 on a friend's mill and put a new bead on it.

Put a new recoil pad on it and it's now my dedicated truck gun. I don't think I have $120 in this project.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by andre3k; 07-13-2022, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                        I had a similar project right when covid hit. I picked up a Smith & Wesson 12 ga pump with a 28 inch barrel on Gunbroker for $60. Exterior of the barrel had pitting and the recoil pad was toast.

I cut the barrel down to 19 inches with a hacksaw, faced it off even and took it down to 18.5 on a friend's mill and put a new bead on it.

Put a new recoil pad on it and it's now my dedicated truck gun. I don't think I have $120 in this project.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
                        Turned out pretty good….

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                          Think we can classify this as a project?
                          1967 Rem 700 action (originally in .243 win)

Threw a TT diamond in about 4 months ago

Still wasn’t shooting like I wanted so upgraded to a H-S Precision stock
                          Performance was still middle of the road, 1” at best…

Barrel came about a month ago, decided to go with 6XC just to be boujee

Was shooting FANTASTIC, just wasn’t quite as ergonomic as I’d like…. New stock time!

Now she sits in a MDT ACC and shoots like an absolute DREAM! Next on the pipeline is a Razor G3….. presuming the wallet doesn’t cry too terribly much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Cool project

Comment

Working...
                          X