Red Sheep Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Sheep Hunt

Looking for a red sheep day hunt. Around 30+/- closer to dfw the better but I’m fine with the greater hill country area as well. Budget is $1,200. Must be no kill no pay but more than happy to pay for your time or a day fee if I didn’t end up getting one. Any leads are much appreciated. Thanks!

You not going to be able to find a true red sheep with 30" horns at your price range.

For a ram at that quality you will pay in excess of $2,500
    Last edited by CTR0022; 04-21-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
      You not going to be able to find a true red sheep with 30" horns at your price range.

For a ram at that quality you will pay in excess of $2,500
      I’ve seen quite a few for $1500 in the past. I’m semi flexible on budget but for a day hunt 2,500 is to rich for me.

Comment

Maybe a mouflon cross for that price.
        Last edited by Sippy; 04-21-2021, 12:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

If you find a red sheep shooter size for 1200 I will buy all of them.

Comment

Youre probably looking at $5,000+ all in for a full blood unless its a wholesale breeder in a pen. Even then a 30" will be over $2,500. The entire exotic market has gone up during covid and after the freeze.

Or you can go to West Texas and shoot a free range one for $16,000 with McBride.

Comment

If you find a 30” red sheep under 2k please let me know. I will jump on that in a heart beat!!

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                If you find a 30” red sheep under 2k please let me know. I will jump on that in a heart beat!!
                I’ve seen a ton on FB for under 2k in the past 2 years I’ve been on there. It’s not uncommon at all for everyone on here thinking I’m crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                  If you find a red sheep shooter size for 1200 I will buy all of them.
                  X2

Comment

Good luck but be careful who you give your deposit to that is just way too cheap

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
                      I’ve seen a ton on FB for under 2k in the past 2 years I’ve been on there. It’s not uncommon at all for everyone on here thinking I’m crazy.
                      I’m not saying your crazy, I’ve just never seen them that cheap. Like I said if you if you find that deal again please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                        I’m not saying your crazy, I’ve just never seen them that cheap. Like I said if you if you find that deal again please let me know.
                        x3

You'll want to make sure they are pure or close to it and not some Corsican/mouflon cross

If you are really serious, go back to the FB groups and post what you are looking for. You'll have answers there.

Comment

You’re not going to find a pure red sheep hunt anywhere close to that price. I wouldn’t sell mine for under $4k.

Comment

Actually just found my hunt. Appreciate all the help guys!

Comment

Post up some ldp’s. !! Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X