Traditional FSC Week 32 of 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 32 of 2022

Inspired by Trumpkin's "In honor of" thread. Specifically, I like the peace he found in the woods, hunting for a pig or small game. So let's get ready to hit some small game up close.

Just need the center cylinder from a roll of paper towels or toilet paper. If from paper towels, cut it in half. Figure out a way to attach it to your target block, as shown in the picture below. Try and get the cylinder about a foot off the ground like small game might be.

Challenge is to be first to shoot inside the cylinder with an arrow TWICE.

Shoot first two shots of a day SITTING or KNEELING (1 or 2 knees) at cylinder. Distance: 10 yards (6 for kiddos).Up to four days' shots allowed (not required).

The two shots in the cylinder do not have to occur on the same day -- might get one in on Day 1 and one in on Day 3, or both on a single day.

Tie-breaker is first person to post having the second arrow in cylinder, regardless of which shooting "day" it is for you. Since I already have everything ready, I won't shoot before 6 pm today (Sunday).

Aim small miss small. Good luck all, and have fun!

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Anybody thinking about shooting?

Comment

Bet your sweet arse.
      Just didnt shoot today.
      Good target TT.

Comment

Ill be participating for sure! Just currently working nights so maybe Tuesday ill start

Comment

Good to know. Thanks, Briar.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Anybody thinking about shooting?
            Out of town. Will try to shoot, starting Wednesday.

Comment

Day 1: one in the hole
              Attached Files

Comment

Fun call Ellis! Shame I already shot my bow today. I'll have to remember to fire this one up for tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks. Malachi. Good shootin' Briar!!

Comment

My Day 1: miss

Comment

Briar Jr1 Day 1: miss
                      He gets string thwacked by 3 under and is switching back to split finger. His anchor seems to be getting repeatable though. We have previously discussed three points of contact for his anchor and I think short of annoying him with blind baleing…he is getting close…er…one shot a day. I got him to consciously go to an after shot second anchor though goofily I suggested his ear and he already primarily anchors darn close….imagine palm to temple. He tried to incorporate the second anchor after the second shot….”by waving to the queen” then sticking his finger in his ear hole. I found it humorous and worth sharing.

Ive got to instill the second anchor is critical to follow through and overall shot cycle.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Day 1: 1 hit

Comment

Good work with Jr, Briar.

Good shooting, Reb!

Comment

Day one, no photos. My lower back is all jacked up and didn't like me kneeling down to shoot. Just under/ just over for my two arrows.

Comment

Day 2

Back still jacked up... broke out the sissy bow. First shot was a fletching 12, but just outside. Second one a bit higher.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	24688741

Comment

Working...
                              X