Carter’s Country-New Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    He is (contextually) not an authorized user per terms of credit card company. The frustration seems to be misguided. If you want someone to be an authorized user--contact your company and make them an authorized user.
    I understand that, I have no problem with the sale being refused and agree with it (it is unfortunate the world we are in) but I was referring to the legality of it.

1. It is not a crime.

2. It is a in most (or all) cases a contract violation between the card holder and the company. I guess they could later cancel the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      Stupid.

Just order him a card with his name on it

Three people have cards on my Amex that aren’t me.

I hope they all go buy me a gun today
      I was waiting on this.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        I understand that, I have no problem with the sale being refused and agree with it (it is unfortunate the world we are in) but I was referring to the legality of it.

1. It is not a crime.

2. It is a in most (or all) cases a contract violation between the card holder and the company. I guess they could later cancel the card.
        From the retailer’s standpoint the cardholder could challenge the charge as valid. Their merchandise is gone and they accepted the transaction from someone with no genuine authority to utilize the card. Would be a stupid business decision for any merchant to allow the sale—really stupid for someone selling a firearm. No crime, but a smart business decision to refuse the sale.
        Last edited by RR 314; 08-07-2022, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          There is absolutely No stupidity in it at all! It’s the way it should be!
          I think you missed the point.

I have multiple people whose names are on my cards, buying stuff with my money….the store isn’t preventing a straw purchase by making the application name match the card.

I’m still paying the bill.

But yes, there should be an exception for married folks and family members….

In my house either of us are legally able to buy guns and should be able to do whatever we want with the money between us.

Yet another law that doesn’t do what it is intended to do.

Comment

Well some of these comments has opened my eyes to things that I hadn’t necessarily
            Thought of so for that I appreciate those comments. To clarify one detail, I mentioned in the original post it was a credit card when it actually was my debit card. Don’t know it that makes any difference but thought I’d point that out. I personally still don’t agree with the stores policy but it is what it is. I’m a dinasour and cling to older ways. My mom passed away 3 years ago at age 89 and the last few years of her life she would always say “I’m in this world but I’m not of this world”. Didn’t really know what she meant then but here lately I’m starting to understand what she meant. The world I knew and am used to is long gone. Anyways that a discussion for another time.
            As far as those saying his “name” should be on the cards, or “it’s so Junior won’t steal daddy’s card and buy beer” and many other similar comments, don’t know if y’all have college age kids but have you ever had them come home for a weekend or the holidays and before they head back you or the the wife hand them a card and tell them to go fill your vehicle, or go buy some groceries to bring back or you have a bad tire take my card and go get a new one before you get on the highway and risk a blowout and accident? Come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              I think you missed the point.

I have multiple people whose names are on my cards, buying stuff with my money….the store isn’t preventing a straw purchase by making the application name match the card.

I’m still paying the bill.

But yes, there should be an exception for married folks and family members….

In my house either of us are legally able to buy guns and should be able to do whatever we want with the money between us.

Yet another law that doesn’t do what it is intended to do.
              No Sir! I didn’t miss the point at all!

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                Well some of these comments has opened my eyes to things that I hadn’t necessarily
                Thought of so for that I appreciate those comments. To clarify one detail, I mentioned in the original post it was a credit card when it actually was my debit card. Don’t know it that makes any difference but thought I’d point that out. I personally still don’t agree with the stores policy but it is what it is. I’m a dinasour and cling to older ways. My mom passed away 3 years ago at age 89 and the last few years of her life she would always say “I’m in this world but I’m not of this world”. Didn’t really know what she meant then but here lately I’m starting to understand what she meant. The world I knew and am used to is long gone. Anyways that a discussion for another time.
                As far as those saying his “name” should be on the cards, or “it’s so Junior won’t steal daddy’s card and buy beer” and many other similar comments, don’t know if y’all have college age kids but have you ever had them come home for a weekend or the holidays and before they head back you or the the wife hand them a card and tell them to go fill your vehicle, or go buy some groceries to bring back or you have a bad tire take my card and go get a new one before you get on the highway and risk a blowout and accident? Come on man.
                Exact point I made in post #48 but apparently it’s just not the same.

I’m sure none of them have never bought a firearm for their kid or their parent bought them one growing up.

Comment

Its not the same. You don't need a background check to fill up with gas or buy a loaf of bread. Even then they're supposed to check id but it never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                    Its not the same. You don't need a background check to fill up with gas or buy a loaf of bread. Even then they're supposed to check id but it never happens.
                    I get that. My point being in the post above was for those saying he should never use my card since his name isn’t on it. Not necessarily referring to the gun purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      exact point i made in post #48 but apparently it’s just not the same.

I’m sure none of them have never bought a firearm for their kid or their parent bought them one growing up.
                      👍👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                        Well I guess I’m in the minority here because it’s my son and I don’t see anything wrong with him using my credit or debit card if I’m ok with it.
                        I’m with you on this one.

Comment

I have a couple questions. 1. Does the person buying a gun knowing they are going to cause harm with it go to a gun store and buy it thru the background check system? 2. If someone is actually doing a straw purchase for a person that intends to cause harm with the firearm do they give them their credit card? Do they go into the store and hand them cash in front of the employees? Do they give them the money and then the person goes to the store? Does the person go to a gun store at all? Ok, it's more than 2 questions
                          These laws only affect the honest gun buyers imo

Comment

I would check the therms of your card agreement. I’m betting there is language in there about the agreement being being between the issuing company and the cardholder and any purchases outside those guidelines are in breach of the agreement.

If you want someone else to use your card, there’s a very simple process called authorized user that doesn’t breach any agreements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              I understand your point but you have to consider the need for gun stores to stay in strict compliance with ATF regulations.
                              to heck with the ATF man

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                                Me and my son went to academy together the other day. He bought a pistol and I got some ammo. Told him to put it on his card and I would pay him. When we were checking out I went to hand him the cash. The guy said please wait to give him that outside. He said it doesn't look good buying the gun. No problem on my part.
                                Do I think it's stupid, yes, but it is the way it is nowadays. As far as Carter's, I quit shopping there years ago. Don't care for the way the people working there treat customers, at least at the Katy store.
                                is there is a Carter's Country in Katy now?

Comment

Working...
                                X