Need advice on new stand and fill feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking to get rid of my tripod feeders and use stand and fill only.

My question is who has the best varmint proof and can stand up to the hogs as well. I am tired of feeding the coons. Despite me having varmint cages on the feeders that can still access the spinner plate and have themselves an all you can eat corn and protien only buffet.

Thanks in advance.

Lamco Low and Throw

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Lamco Low and Throw

This!

Comment

With all the guys on our place we have a mix of ASF & Lamco

They have all been pretty dang solid.

I have 4 ASF and other than a battery change on a couple, 6 years and still rolling...

Comment

I have some ASF stand and fills. 2 broadcast and 1 protein feeder that dumps into trays on all 4 sides. All are 600# size. I've had them for a few years. We have deer, axis, and pigs - not to mention occasional goats at all of the feeders every day. Nothing has damaged them yet. The varmint cage around the spin feeders keeps the coons out, and it's too far to the plate for them to reach through the cage. Squirrels and birds can crawl in, but that's not a big deal.

The protein feeder with the trays feeds mostly deer. Most pigs can't reach the trays, and the rain cover of the tray makes it hard for them to get to the feed even if they can reach it.

Comment

I think what you will find is the consensus here on the green screen is Lamco has everyone beat from a quality standpoint with stand and fill feeders. Then, with a few modifications, the EZ Feeder by All Seasons Feeders sold at Buccees would play the role of best “value” in terms of both capacity and price point. At least...that’s the way I see it. Both do well in terms of varmint proof IMO because of their plate system.
            Last edited by RascalArms; 06-11-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              I think what you will find is the consensus here on the green screen is Lamco has everyone beat from a quality standpoint with stand and fill feeders. Then, with a few modifications, the EZ Feeder by All Seasons Feeders sold at Buccees would play the role of best “value” in terms of both capacity and price point. At least...that’s the way I see it. Both do well in terms of varmint proof IMO because of their plate system.

Agreed with this from a popularity standpoint. I run both the Lamco Low and Throw and a modified ASF stand and fill Bucees corn feeder mentioned above and have no complaints.... The value with the Bucees feeder is surely that. I am impressed for $399

OP going back to your original post, you are not going to be able to get any guards on the timed protein feeder stand and fills that I know of, but the beauty of it is they can't get to the spinner and coons can only eat what the deer leave. In my case its not much unless its really green......and even then, its minimal.

Comment

The two best ones I have found are Lamco Low n Throw and Ranch King Mighty Buck. I had never even heard of the Ranch King till I saw one for sale on here a while back and took a chance on it. One of the best out there!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Loved my Lamco. I experienced that every pig in our county found it and got in it. They would crawl up each other’s back to get in the trays. The only thing that keeps them out is hog panels. But then those don’t keep the cows out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HB all day !!!
                    Local too

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                      Loved my Lamco. I experienced that every pig in our county found it and got in it. They would crawl up each other’s back to get in the trays. The only thing that keeps them out is hog panels. But then those don’t keep the cows out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not the Lamco the rest of us were talking about! This is the Low n Throw:

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve been running these since they came out. No issues, very solid!

Comment

I just went through this. I shopped Judge, HB, Lamco, ASF, and ultimately went with Ranch King Mighty Buck. They all had their selling points, but after looking them over in person, the quality of the RK was unmatched.

Comment

Asf

Comment

All seasons times protein feeder. You can put corn in it, protein, or a mix. It stays out of the weather, and the hogs only get what falls to the ground from the deer’s mouth. The squirrels and coons only get the left overs which isn’t much. I’ve had exotics from audaad, black buck, axis, and red stag eat out of it no issues. Holds 600lbs and always runs. The coins can’t get to the spinner to get more out.

Only had one hog that was big enough to reach the 30” tray, and he isn’t around anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X