Winterblitz 2022 is here!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterblitz 2022 is here!!!!

It’s going to be cold Saturday. Deer season is all but over and the crappie have not started running yet. Perfect timing for a scale model contest at the Museum of the American G.I. In College Station, Tx!!!!

Come see the finest military scale modelers in Texas compete for the grand prize… the golden Xacto!

We are talking about works of art like this…..

Click image for larger version

Name:	32AC873E-E8C6-4013-AB54-0823ECB1D4BD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	24674295

Comment

Is that your model? That’s an amazing piece of work.

Thanks for posting these events, wish I could make it but too much going on this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        Is that your model? That’s an amazing piece of work.

Thanks for posting these events, wish I could make it but too much going on this weekend.
        No. This is not mine. This was one of the dioramas on display at Model Fiesta a week ago. I am sure he will bring it to Winterblitz. It’s a first rate build. I do okay, but I do not have the concentration for a big diorama like this.

Comment

Name:	610F8F93-76B9-4600-9B11-277278C8E2D9.jpeg
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	24674305

This is one of mine… scrambling to finish before Saturday. Represents a WW1 moment. Still have to do a few things to it like attach figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
            No. This is not mine. This was one of the dioramas on display at Model Fiesta a week ago. I am sure he will bring it to Winterblitz. It’s a first rate build. I do okay, but I do not have the concentration for a big diorama like this.
            Gotcha, it really is an amazing build, the detail is unbelievable.

My ADHD prevents me from taking in a task like that. I want to build a HMMWV model of the one I drove in Iraq, but just haven’t jump in to do it yet.

Comment

Gotcha, it really is an amazing build, the detail is unbelievable.

My ADHD prevents me from taking in a task like that. I want to build a HMMWV model of the one I drove in Iraq, but just haven’t jump in to do it yet.
              I would agree… the level of detail is first rate . The real impressive thing is the concentration it takes to build sone thing epic like that. Go for your HMMWV build.. can’t be too hard. Is there a kit (I don’t do a lot of modern stuff).

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                I would agree… the level of detail is first rate . The real impressive thing is the concentration it takes to build sone thing epic like that. Go for your HMMWV build.. can’t be too hard. Is there a kit (I don’t do a lot of modern stuff).
                Not many options out there.

Comment

Not many options out there.
                  Again not mine. Something like this?

Name:	983D2C4C-08F5-4A9F-AD6B-825835DF3B67.jpeg
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	24674307
                  Last edited by Anvilheadtexas; 01-18-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

thats cool

Comment

Last estimate suggests that will have over 200 models in the contest!

Comment

Great detail work, amazing talent to do that.

Comment

The skill level that the these guys bring are incredible. We are expecting to have between 175 and 250 entries Saturday…. Not one will be bad. Some will be more involved than others. There will be a lot of individual tanks and armor (not dioramas).

Comment

Working...
                          X