Concealed Carry in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concealed Carry in Colorado

I plan on visiting Colorado in the near future and I want to make sure I am not breaking any laws. I figured I would reach out to the green screen to see if anyone has any input. Based on the research I have done I believe my LTC is valid in Colorado since I have a Texas issued LTC and I am a resident of Texas. Below is the verbiage from TX DPS Website. I read on other sites that lead me to believe (and it is very easy that I misunderstood this) that I had to be a resident of Colorado. I just want to make sure I am reading this correctly so if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Effective May 17, 2007 Colorado will only recognize permits issued to residents of the issuing state. Colorado no longer recognizes permits issued to non-residents. Additionally, Colorado will only recognize permits issued to residents of the issuing state who are 21 years of age.

I believe that to mean if you live in Texas and have a permit from say….Oklahoma, that your permit would not be recognized in CO. Stupid libs that make the laws there will do anything to hinder freedom……..unless you want to protect your pets or livestock from invading wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I believe that to mean if you live in Texas and have a permit from say….Oklahoma, that your permit would not be recognized in CO. Stupid libs that make the laws there will do anything to hinder freedom……..unless you want to protect your pets or livestock from invading wolves.
      Agreed that is how I read it even though I dont understand the logic, if you pass the course that CO recognizes what does it matter what state you live in. What had me concerened is this statement, Colorado no longer recognizes permits issued to non-residents. I THINK they just didnt want to be redundant but I really wish the added "of the state issuing the LTC" to the end of that sentance.

Comment

Last time we were there, 2015, they still had reciprocity with Tx.

I confirmed this with a State Trooper we met in the Fairplay area.

That being said, we were at a place in Colorado Springs, I was asking about their version of the 30.06 signs, and was told as long as it was concealed, I was good. They frowned on open carry, didn’t want to upset the liberal moms.

You might try the googlers, just type
        Co. Reciprocity laws, should report all you need to know.

Comment

According to this site, as of 2020, they still honor the Tx. LTC.

Comment

We were in Colorado last year in July and had no problems w/ccarry. We checked and they said they welcomed and recognized Texas Conceal Carry laws as long as you were licensed.

Comment

Some states issue permits to non-residents. It looks like Colorado will not honor them. With a TX LTL you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
              X