Benelli 828u opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benelli 828u opinions

Anybody shoot this gun? I bought one today, just felt right. Thought for sure I was gonna get a citori but I really like the feel of it. Hope I don’t regret not going Browning. It’s my first quality O/U.

Tyler
    Attached Files

I really think for the price there are better over unders, not dissing your purchase. They are nice guns but they’re from a company who’s been making autos for a long time and not over unders. I know a couple people who have them, if you’re not gonna be shooting a ton of clays or anything I think it’s fine. Hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some dont see it as a bad thing but I think thats the model that resets the safety each time the barrels are opened.

Comment

I have a strong biased to all things Benelli and the wrong person to ask...but you did.

We have the same gun and its my favorite O/U. For me, it feels just like a Montefeltro, Super Sport, and SBE, and it just feels right.

The recoil system works well, which is great at 100-bird tournaments...with warm ups and side bets.

My only complaint is the 28-in barrels feel kind of short with the receiver design and wish I had the 30's.

Like all things Benelli, they start with a blank slate and the end result always seems to improve on historical standards.

Everyone deserves to own at least one Benelli...life is short...shoot good guns.

Comment

I’ve owned one since 2016 fell in love with it until I didn’t.

2017 bluing started coming off in multiple
          Places on the barrels some was caused by the forearm and is hidden when the gun is together but other places are just random spots up and down the barrels and there is a lot of bluing coming off the ends of the barrels.

2018 was the first year I had to send it back for ejectors not working (that was a known problem, they redesigned a part that solved that problem)

2019 sent it back because the safety locked up ( i did remove the auto safety device but they didn’t say that was the problem, it’s just a spring you remove)

2019 it went back for the breech opening after shooting the first barrel. This happened regardless of which barrel I shot first and it happened with dove loads and target loads alike.

2020 it went back again for the same problem.

It’s a joy to carry when quail hunting or dove hunting, it beats the brains out of you if you shoot any quantity of heavier loads but it’s a field gun in my opinion.

I hope mine is just a lemon and you have great luck with you’re because it is a fun gun to shoot when it’s shooting. I will say all but one time it was pretty quick to turn around and they pay the shipping but For me? I end up shooting my dads old cities for half the season while my 828U is in the shop…I wish I’d have bought a beretta personally.

Comment

Originally posted by meshmover67 View Post
            I’ve owned one since 2016 fell in love with it until I didn’t.

2017 bluing started coming off in multiple
            Places on the barrels some was caused by the forearm and is hidden when the gun is together but other places are just random spots up and down the barrels and there is a lot of bluing coming off the ends of the barrels.

2018 was the first year I had to send it back for ejectors not working (that was a known problem, they redesigned a part that solved that problem)

2019 sent it back because the safety locked up ( i did remove the auto safety device but they didn’t say that was the problem, it’s just a spring you remove)

2019 it went back for the breech opening after shooting the first barrel. This happened regardless of which barrel I shot first and it happened with dove loads and target loads alike.

2020 it went back again for the same problem.

It’s a joy to carry when quail hunting or dove hunting, it beats the brains out of you if you shoot any quantity of heavier loads but it’s a field gun in my opinion.

I hope mine is just a lemon and you have great luck with you’re because it is a fun gun to shoot when it’s shooting. I will say all but one time it was pretty quick to turn around and they pay the shipping but For me? I end up shooting my dads old cities for half the season while my 828U is in the shop…I wish I’d have bought a beretta personally.

There was a kid on our shooting team who had the ejector problem. Like everything else he did, he did stay at it long and they sold the gun so I have no idea if it fixed it.

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, benelli has been making O/Us for a while. Just haven’t focused on it as much as their semi auto/pump guns.

Buddy’s wife got him one for his birthday. I shot it for a bit one day. It’s pretty light and swings fast. Not a bad gun, but I prefer my beretta.

Comment

My partner has one and likes it.

Shotguns are all about fit. Me personally, I love the Beretta Silver pigeon, but they don’t fit me, so I don’t own one. The 828 does not fit me good either. I shoot a cititori and a Athena both fit me excellent. If they didn’t I wouldn’t shoot them.

In terms of quality it’s a fine gun and will serve you well for a lifetime. It isn’t a Yildiz or Stoeger so the quality isn’t in question. Tale of the tape is does it fit you ?
                Last edited by txtrophy85; 01-11-2022, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                  I really think for the price there are better over unders, not dissing your purchase. They are nice guns but they’re from a company who’s been making autos for a long time and not over unders. I know a couple people who have them, if you’re not gonna be shooting a ton of clays or anything I think it’s fine. Hope you enjoy it.

Beretta is the parent company and they are the oldest gunmakers in the world, I think they know a thing or two about making over unders. That said, the only Beretta I ever owned did not fit me and I couldn’t hit squat with it.

Comment

I shot a few rounds with mine a couple years ago. Been in the safe since and wouldn’t mind it going to a new home

Comment

Love mine. Fits me like a glove and I like the weight & feel of it. Like the rest of my shotguns, I can’t hit sht with it, but that’s not an indictment of the gun.

Comment

Working...
                      X