make your predictions !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make your predictions !

I just got this idea ....on my next youtube video i will be putting head to head a compound bow and a pistol.

i'll be shooting my mathews switchback XT and my 5" springfield xd45 to see which one is more accurate at a decent distance away.

right now the plan is to make it 40 yards on both... far enough that it's not a chip shot , close enough that it's not luck. i'll probably do a 3 shot group...on both.

this was sparked from a conversation i had the other day with my step dad's brother . he told me that more people have been shot and killed by bow and arrows than they have with gun throughout history.. making the bow the deadliest weapon of all times ... he's a history buff, and i'm not so i don't know the truth to that .. but they've had a big head start of a few thousands of years with bows so it wouldn't surprise me... he's a retired police officer and gun instructor and he loves to read books.

anyhow ... what do yall think ? who will win ? the bow or the 45?
    i'm no expert at either, but I think that one will outperform the other... so i do have my prediction ...

your thoughts ?

Would I rather take a an arrow to the face or a bullet? That's a tough one but I'm gonna go with an arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Would I rather take a an arrow to the face or a bullet? That's a tough one but I'm gonna go with an arrow.
      i'm more of a giver than a taker ... but whatever floats your boat...

Comment

If you are a decent shot with both,the bow will probably win. For most people the bow will be a bit steadier to hold and the longer sight radius will make accurate sighting easier. If you have more practice with one however, it is probably the one that will win. This assumes both the bow and pistol are sighted correctly and shot off hand. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
          i'm more of a giver than a taker ... but whatever floats your boat...
          Well if I had to get into a fight with an Indian or a cowboy back in the day I'd rather it was an Indian. Arrows poke holes in stuff. Bullets blow things apart. Hence why there's not very many Indians around anymore.

If you're going by accuracy the bow will win. Lethality goes to the pistol.

Comment

I did this comparison years ago. Oneida eagle vs S&W mod 17.Bow won every time.

Comment

In the history of mankind, right? Gun vs bow. The gun has killed many, many more people than Indians have killed. First, relatively speaking, the Inians fought very little and the skirmishes were small in number, so just a few were killed. Meanwhile, just one WWII battle would produce, 100k KIA. It is not even in the same hemisphere. Your step dad's brother needs to read more books.

Comment

Also, the 45 will out perform any arrow, practice time being the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  In the history of mankind, right? Gun vs bow. The gun has killed many, many more people than Indians have killed. First, relatively speaking, the Inians fought very little and the skirmishes were small in number, so just a few were killed. Meanwhile, just one WWII battle would produce, 100k KIA. It is not even in the same hemisphere. Your step dad's brother needs to read more books.
                  The bow was not just used by Indians. It dates at least back to midevil times I'm sure. Maybe before that? I'm no history buff. Plus add in all the tribes in other countries who have fought over lands or whatever throughout history. That dates back to a long, long time before the invention of the gun.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by rolylane6; 01-01-2022, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                    The bow was not just used by Indians. It dates at least back to midevil times I'm sure. Maybe before that? I'm no history buff. Plus add in all the tribes in other countries who have fought over lands or whatever throughout history. That dates back to a long, long time before the invention of the gun.

A quick google search shows the Egyptians were using the bow in warfare 3000BC. There has been hundreds of millions of deaths due to warfare pre gun. The amount of those that were bow kills is unknown but it has to be more than modern warfare rifle kills.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                      A quick google search shows the Egyptians were using the bow in warfare 3000BC. There has been hundreds of millions of deaths due to warfare pre gun. The amount of those that were bow kills is unknown but it has to be more than modern warfare rifle kills.
                      Agreed

Comment

Interesting topic

Comment

I’d smoke myself at 40 yards with a bow vs a pistol.

Comment

Bow

Comment

I killed a hog at 75 steps with my xd 40, honesty l am deadly with that pistol.
                              Also killed many hogs with my bow out to 40 + yards.

More shots, more energy, pistol wins

Comment

Working...
                              X