Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipe help!

Guys,

Got the itch to start making my own breakfast links and hot dogs and such. Nothing cold smoked so no pink salt stuff. Tried grinding some pork tonight and tried a recipe online and wow did I fail.

Anyone got any good recipes for pork, beef and venison to try?!?’

Scott

I've used Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing book for years. I like the bologna recipe for hot dogs and the book has several breakfast sausage recipes. I usually add more pepper and garlic than is listed, make sausage and before stuffing fry a little piece then adjust.
    One of my favorites the is polish sausage, then add 1-2 jalapenos per pound.

Comment

Check out mesquite (some thing ) in the recipe section here.

Comment

Coarse grind your meat then add seasoning and fine grind. Mix well by hand. This is what I use for breakfast sausage. Link or pan. I get it at Brookshire Bros. If not available in your area you can contact them @ Reo Spice & Seasoning, Inc. Huntsville Texas. 936-294-0222. Hope this helps.
        Attached Files

Comment

Will be better than the nasty stuff I tried to make yesterday

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          Coarse grind your meat then add seasoning and fine grind. Mix well by hand. This is what I use for breakfast sausage. Link or pan. I get it at Brookshire Bros. If not available in your area you can contact them @ Reo Spice & Seasoning, Inc. Huntsville Texas. 936-294-0222. Hope this helps.

Comment

So did you have problems with the grind itself or stuffing or just the seasonings in general? And if so what seasonings did you use. Breakfast style should have plenty of sage in it. A good website for different styles and techniques is Let’s Make Sausage .com. A lot of valuable resources.
            Last edited by Gumbo Man; 12-30-2021, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
              Guys,

Got the itch to start making my own breakfast links and hot dogs and such. Nothing cold smoked so no pink salt stuff. Tried grinding some pork tonight and tried a recipe online and wow did I fail.

Anyone got any good recipes for pork, beef and venison to try?!?’

Scott
              Mesquite Country on here has an excellent spreadsheet with a lot of sausage recipes that are fantastic. Do a search on here and you wont be disappointed. As far as hotdogs go, there is a YouTube channelni ran across onetime called 2 Guys and a Cooler, and they make some really cool stuff. I'm pretty sure they had a hot dog how-to video on there that looked pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another good tip is to cook a little of it in a pan before you package it all in links or whatever. Then you can adjust to taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X