The Bee sat down with Musk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bee sat down with Musk

I have to say I didn't know much about Elon Musk but after watching this interview I'm pretty impressed. He might not use the term conservative to describe himself but I would.

We're not a big fan of Musk down here in South Texas. He bought off most of Cameron county and seems to control when the public can visit Boca Chica Beach or any of their land near the obnoxious SpaceX facility. Cameron county sheriff deputies regular kick off people from the public beach at a whim.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
      We're not a big fan of Musk down here in South Texas. He bought off most of Cameron county and seems to control when the public can visit Boca Chica Beach or any of their land near the obnoxious SpaceX facility. Cameron county sheriff deputies regular kick off people from the public beach at a whim.

Brazoria county has been doing that for years, I wouldn't take it personally.

Comment

How do they feel about his contribution to the local economy?

Comment

When someone starts taking control of a state owned public beach, it's not a good thing no matter the contribution to the local economy. There's very few places folks can go for free and enjoy the ocean and fish. Boca chica was one of them.
          An old high school friend has ranch on the way out there and officials shut down the highway regularly so he can't even go check in his cattle.
          I'm still not sure what SpaceX has done good for mankind except a few jobs for the locals. Just my opinion, that there are natural places in this country that need to left alone.

Comment

I'm still not sure what SpaceX has done good for mankind...
            In 20 years liberals will be clamoring to blast off and colonize Mars. Patience.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              In 20 years liberals will be clamoring to blast off and colonize Mars. Patience.

I’ll chip in on their tickets. One way though no return flights.

Comment

There are only so many places you can safely launch a rocket but, I'm sure it sucks if that's your stomping ground.

Comment

When someone starts taking control of a state owned public beach, it's not a good thing no matter the contribution to the local economy. There's very few places folks can go for free and enjoy the ocean and fish. Boca chica was one of them.
                  An old high school friend has ranch on the way out there and officials shut down the highway regularly so he can't even go check in his cattle.
                  I'm still not sure what SpaceX has done good for mankind except a few jobs for the locals. Just my opinion, that there are natural places in this country that need to left alone.

What I don’t get is his front gate where the rockets are like right next to the road? Who owns the land across from his gate?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post

That'd be really great if the send 'em all to live there!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                      There are only so many places you can safely launch a rocket but, I'm sure it sucks if that's your stomping ground.
                      They should launch rockets at California.

Comment

Working...
                      X