No announcement yet.

My Barndo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the whiskey barrel setup and looking to do something similar in my mancave. You build or buy it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Very nice !!!

Your building is very similar to ours.

Here in Iowa about 99% of barns, machine sheds, and barndos are pole barns. They call by barndos "Shomes" up here.[emoji1]

Our building was engineered for wind load and snow load for this region. We had a "Derecho" wind storm last month with 40-50 mph sustained winds and 80 mph gusts. It lasted for 6-8 hours. Theses buildings are stout !!

Our building contractor had an Amish crew erect the building. I subbed out the finish out, supervised, and did some work myself.

We used pre-cast Perma Columns by Midwest Perma Column for the living area and shop posts. We direct buried the posts at the porch and lean to.

Great job !!! Enjoy your new home !!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

what size water heater did you go with? Im guessing that is a tankless? The guy at HD suggested a 6gal for us. Im researching if that will be enough. Our place is weekend getaway/hunting cabin. Probably never more than 4 people staying there

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
          I like the whiskey barrel setup and looking to do something similar in my mancave. You build or buy it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I bought that several years back. Dang 10 years ago. Time flies

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
          what size water heater did you go with? Im guessing that is a tankless? The guy at HD suggested a 6gal for us. Im researching if that will be enough. Our place is weekend getaway/hunting cabin. Probably never more than 4 people staying there
          Mine is a Navien 210A. Yes its tankless. No way Id only put in a 6 gallon. For a hunting camp the one I put in is probably a bit much. It was around $1200, but its got a circulation pump and I have instant hot water.

Comment

Working...
          X