No announcement yet.

Wood splitter - Works great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have my 12 lb. sledge and two splitting wedges. They are gathering dust in my shop. I have a splitter from Northern that has served me well.

Comment

About to buy a 25 ton used one for $600 from a neighbor. I have a ton of firewood that needs to be split.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Now that I've used it for an hour I really wish they were more available to rent. That would be the way to go. Just get a big pile of logs ready and rent for a half day...Done for a year or two. No worries on upkeep or storage. Even if rental cost $150 that would end up way cheaper versus buying.
        Just make sure you run the gas out of the carb before storing, and you will be good to go.

Comment

I want one BAD.. Not sure why but I always have..

Comment

new carb and kit on Amazon $25

Comment

One of the top 100 inventions, of all time..

Comment

Local place here rents the 40 ton Countryline for $150/day. Pick it up first thing Saturday morning and take it back Monday morning early. No charge for Sunday. In that time, my son and I can split two or three years worth.

Comment

I bought the 25-ton splitter yesterday. Split about a half cord of post oak I had cut already in about 15 minutes this afternoon. I have a bunch of trees to cut on our land. House plans we're working on call for 2 fireplaces and a fire pit. Gonna keep the chainsaw and splitter busy.

Comment

Stand that sucker up and split huge stuff without having to pick it up.

Comment

Yeah love mine, we actually spent the day collecting poles(trimming all branches off to 6-8 foot lengths). Full trailer and then we cut it all up into firewood, after church tomorrow my oldest boy 12, he runs that thing like he’s the king. We will have full racks and then some by 5 hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                        Just make sure you run the gas out of the carb before storing, and you will be good to go.
                        Or don't put ethanol in it to start with

Comment

Don’t loan it to anyone off of your property.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Stand that sucker up and split huge stuff without having to pick it up.
                            This. I bought a similar one with bro-in-law this fall. But we have lots of trees to cut and keep fireplaces burning a lot in the great rooms during the winter.
                            We were able to split a big supply of wood in a short amount of time. All the big logs I used to leave now make 6-8 good oak pieces that burn a long time.

Tow behind my mule to each spot.

BP

Comment

Still have a knot on my head from splitting wood. Piece came up and knocked me down. Once I left home Dad got a hydraulic splitter. It sure is a good workout.

Comment

For some reason I want one. Seems like it would be in line of therapy like shredding, mulching or power washing.

Comment

Working...
                                X