No announcement yet.

Well I finally got the Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear you came down with it. My wife tested positive this past Thursday. Chills, fever, cough, fatigue and headache. Her PCP prescribed ivermectin, but I don't think it did squat to help her. Her fever ran 101.8 until Sunday morning. She's still coughing and fatigued.

I had Covid at Thanksgiving in 2020 and got vaccinated in early 2021. I won't get another jab.

Comment

The Ivermectin is not a cure-all especially if taken after you've gotten the virus but it has shown to help a vast amount of patients (including my daughter), but taken with a regimen of Zinc, D3, Vitamin C it has shown to be a great preventative of contracting the virus. Too much info out there to deny how its worked on thousands of people.

Comment

I was going to get my booster last week but there were long lines of people getting 1st/2nd shot, booster so I didn't get it. This morning I felt like I am getting a cold or allergies kicking me around. Cedar is in the high range. Not running a fever, took some DayQuil feeling so so. Don't think it is Omnicron just allergies or a cold. Think will hold off on the booster till I feel better. Wise move or no.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          I was going to get my booster last week but there were long lines of people getting 1st/2nd shot, booster so I didn't get it. This morning I felt like I am getting a cold or allergies kicking me around. Cedar is in the high range. Not running a fever, took some DayQuil feeling so so. Don't think it is Omnicron just allergies or a cold. Think will hold off on the booster till I feel better. Wise move or no.
          No getting the vaccine or booster is not a wise move! Do some research! Listen to Joe Rogans last few guest who are Doctors, he made it easy for you. There other routes to go other than being part of a test group.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
            Serious question.
            Is natural immunity possible after having the vaccine?
            I always thought your immune system was dependant on the MRNA vaccine once it was administered.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
            Good question. I had the shot like 7 months ago so i would bet once it diminishes you could. Hadn’t though it about that way

Rick
            That's just it tho, I was under the impression it doesn't diminish. It just becomes less effective as the virus mutates, hence the need for boosters so it can identify the new variant/mutation.
            Again, I don't know if that's the case, just what I thought I read at one time.
            And I'm not even sure how to go about researching any of this since I don't have much trust in anything via the internet anymore.

The biggest reason I've been against getting the vaccine is that I don't want an immune system that is permanently change from what God provided. Until they can prove to me that's not the case, I'll stay away from getting it. I truly pray everyone who has gotten it are safe and there's no adverse consequences.

From my understanding how the mRNA vaccines work, it is not a permanent change/effect on our immune system. I am not a doctor or expert, and can't even remember the last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn, but...

It is not a form of gene therapy, at least not in a sense that it gets into or alters our genome. The mRNA does not get into the nucleus with our DNA.

Our body's cells take up the synthetic mRNA , which codes for the virus's spike protein (with a number of modifications), then translates it into the spike protein. Each mRNA molecule can be translated several times before being degraded and broken down. Our immune system should recognize the protein as an antigen and produce antibodies against it for protection from the actual virus during an exposure event. So after some amount of time (not sure how long?), the mRNA would be used up and gone and the proteins and antibodies would slowly diminish over time. I also believe our body probably produces multiple and more specific antibodies when it encounters the virus and one reason natural immunity is superior to vaccine-induced protection.

What bothers me are the questions I can't find answers to or scientific research/data to back up. Merely vague cartoons or powerpoint slides with a few sentences that seem marginally adequate for children or less educated adults. Many of us want facts and details to help make an informed choice and aren't being given the opportunity.

Questions like:
            Which of our cells take up and express the mRNA into the spike protein? Is it specific like antigen-presenting immune cells (which I assume would be ideal) or nonspecific and taken up by the first cell the mRNA comes in contact with?

Does the protein get presented on the outside of the cells that produced it (the way it is on a viral particle) or released from the cell and go where?

If the antibodies teach our immune system to recognize an antigen and attack the threat, and our bodies own cells are producing the antigen (spike protein from mRNA code), is there a risk that our immune system will see those cells as the threat and attack them?

Sorry for the long post, hope at least some part of it has been helpful in some way. I am not anti-vax, just want good reliable information to make an informed decision. Hate that it is being crammed down our throats that everyone should get the vaccine, when we don't know the long term effects (3-10 years or more), and some people shouldn't due to various conditions or allergies, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
              we're not putting you down for getting the shots or even wearing masks .. it's your choice !

we are pushing back on people trying to force us to do so..

and you're correct it's getting old !

volunteer for medical trials all you want .. just don't volunteer me ..

that's all we're saying...
              Preach!

Comment

Pretty sure I had it a few weeks ago wasn’t bad at all, kept on living life like I do everyday. Never did get tested for it

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post

Up until this bs jab a successful "vaccine " actually kept ypu from getting the illness. Funny how quickly it changes
                  Haha yep. And remember, they pushed this vax at first by saying it’d reduce your chances of getting/transmitting it. Oh how the goalposts have since moved.

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
                    From my understanding how the mRNA vaccines work, it is not a permanent change/effect on our immune system. I am not a doctor or expert, and can't even remember the last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn, but...

It is not a form of gene therapy, at least not in a sense that it gets into or alters our genome. The mRNA does not get into the nucleus with our DNA.

Our body's cells take up the synthetic mRNA , which codes for the virus's spike protein (with a number of modifications), then translates it into the spike protein. Each mRNA molecule can be translated several times before being degraded and broken down. Our immune system should recognize the protein as an antigen and produce antibodies against it for protection from the actual virus during an exposure event. So after some amount of time (not sure how long?), the mRNA would be used up and gone and the proteins and antibodies would slowly diminish over time. I also believe our body probably produces multiple and more specific antibodies when it encounters the virus and one reason natural immunity is superior to vaccine-induced protection.

What bothers me are the questions I can't find answers to or scientific research/data to back up. Merely vague cartoons or powerpoint slides with a few sentences that seem marginally adequate for children or less educated adults. Many of us want facts and details to help make an informed choice and aren't being given the opportunity.

Questions like:

Which of our cells take up and express the mRNA into the spike protein? Is it specific like antigen-presenting immune cells (which I assume would be ideal) or nonspecific and taken up by the first cell the mRNA comes in contact with?

Does the protein get presented on the outside of the cells that produced it (the way it is on a viral particle) or released from the cell and go where?

If the antibodies teach our immune system to recognize an antigen and attack the threat, and our bodies own cells are producing the antigen (spike protein from mRNA code), is there a risk that our immune system will see those cells as the threat and attack them?

Sorry for the long post, hope at least some part of it has been helpful in some way. I am not anti-vax, just want good reliable information to make an informed decision. Hate that it is being crammed down our throats that everyone should get the vaccine, when we don't know the long term effects (3-10 years or more), and some people shouldn't due to various conditions or allergies, etc.
                    Thanks for the detailed response. Much of it is over my head and that's another issue in itself. Most of us have little knowledge of the way immunity actually works on a cellular level. There's so much information out there anymore that is incorrect that we have no way of sorting thru good vs bad info when dealing with something we have little knowledge of to begin with. That's why I've decided to depend on my own immune system given to me by the only one I know I can trust. God

Comment

Got my results today. Same thing.... interesting part....I am vaccinated. Johnson and Johnson. Wife is not. She is Positive and asymptomatic and I had several days of feeling like crud. One more loss for the "vaccine".

Comment

Gets even more confusing lol. Work wants me back in 5 days. Dr said 10 days. I told them I dont feel right. Dr wrote me a note. When you look at the CDC website to see what you are supposed to do it is so confusing.

On different sections, I saw 5 days, 7 days with a negative test and 10 days. How the hell is anyone supposed to know? At first they said 5 days if you are in healthcare which is even dumber. That would make it spread faster.

Rick

Comment

At first they said 5 days if you are in healthcare which is even dumber. That would make it spread faster.

Rick
                          Makes a logical person question their end goal then, huh?

Comment

Yes Sir.

Rick

Comment

Gets even more confusing lol. Work wants me back in 5 days. Dr said 10 days. I told them I dont feel right. Dr wrote me a note. When you look at the CDC website to see what you are supposed to do it is so confusing.

On different sections, I saw 5 days, 7 days with a negative test and 10 days. How the hell is anyone supposed to know? At first they said 5 days if you are in healthcare which is even dumber. That would make it spread faster.

Rick
                              When you step back and look at what the CDC has recommended throughout, along with Supreme Leader Faucci, not a lot of it makes any kind of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Deut.31:6 View Post
                                When you step back and look at what the CDC has recommended throughout, along with Supreme Leader Faucci, not a lot of it makes any kind of sense.
                                Oh yes it does. It makes all the sense in the world IF your primary objective is to redistribute wealth to the pharma folks and power to unelected "health" officials. NOTHING CAN BE ALLOWED TO WORK EXCEPT THE VACCINES, WHICH YOU WILL NOW TAKE EVERY FEW MONTHS IN ORDER TO STAY ALIVE.

Can you really look at what has gone on the last 2 years and tell me that I am wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X