People Who Smoke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People Who Smoke!

I will preface this with I am not a smoker nor have I ever been a smoker.

I think that the world needs smokers. Now hear me out. Smokers tell a story with swagger. Especially if they take a drag, point at you and say, "Now listen here, or I tell you what...." People who smoke seem to be more philosophical. This is likely from there 5-10, 5 minute mediation series they do while smoking.

Before we took away the Marlboro man and Joe Cool. We had less problems in the world. Basically the decline in our country followed when NASCAR parted with Winston. Then we told people they need to quit. Before the quit campaigns people worked harder. Now, we bred into them to just quit.

To take it a step further.... The government taxes us more now than ever. Smokers paid the price. This let the government know how far they could reach. Now us fat people can't get a large coke in some parts of the country.

Had we non Smokers stood with the Smokers. It would have went down in history much like a famous Tea Party we once had.

Monday thoughts to ponder.

Trust me, no one should ever smoke.

Comment

Lol. Just no

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

I think that the world needs smokers. Now hear me out. Smokers tell a story with swagger. Especially if they take a drag, point at you and say, "Now listen here, or I tell you what...." People who smoke seem to be more philosophical. This is likely from there 5-10, 5 minute mediation series they do while smoking.

Before we took away the Marlboro man and Joe Cool. We had less problems in the world. Basically the decline in our country followed when NASCAR parted with Winston. Then we told people they need to quit. Before the quit campaigns people worked harder. Now, we bred into them to just quit.

To take it a step further.... The government taxes us more now than ever. Smokers paid the price. This let the government know how far they could reach. Now us fat people can't get a large coke in some parts of the country.

Had we non Smokers stood with the Smokers. It would have went down in history much like a famous Tea Party we once had.

You lost me @ mediation series [emoji56][emoji56]

LOL

As a quitter I concur [emoji4][emoji56]

Comment

Smokers tell a story with swagger. Especially if they take a drag, point at you and say, "Now listen here, or I tell you what...." .
          I had a Great Uncle that would do exactly this. I can still see it in my head.

It's gotten to be a rare occurrence seeing someone smoking an actual cigarette.

Comment

Knowing a guy who is 56 and was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer I would say not smoking is a pretty good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This was meant more to be light hearted. Hopefully brought back a good memory of some old timer. I know people die from cancer. I am not making light of that. My uncle died from smoking/cancer as well. He was 98.

Comment

Devil's Advocate stance:
                We all die sometime, might as well enjoy things on the way there.

And if we don't allow a way for people to die early, the current population could skyrocket above what Medicare is able to provide for.

Along with a longer life, we'd have to work longer just to be able to afford to survive.

Sorry... You can flame me now!

Comment

This was meant more to be light hearted. Hopefully brought back a good memory of some old timer. I know people die from cancer. I am not making light of that. My uncle died from smoking/cancer as well. He was 98.
                  I caught the lite-heartedness. My Step-Dad died of COPD. My Dad's Dad died of lung cancer from smoking. My Mom's Dad died of COPD. My Step-Mom currently has been diagnosed with lung cancer, she was smoker.

My comments above were also meant with a touch of lite-heartedness, but also a touch to truth from the other side.

Comment

Man what a stretch

Comment

Just held my grandmothers hand as she passed away from stage 4 lung cancer this morning. Nobody should ever want to smoke.

Comment

These guys could tell a story with swagger too...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211213-170507_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	24670730

Comment

What have you been smoking???

Comment

When I see someone smoking in public now I unintentionally do a double take. Thats how rare a sighting it is now. crazy how fast that changed

Comment

Worst take I have ever seen in my nearly 13 years on TBH. Right up there with worst post, which is tough, I have seen some doozies. Maybe not the absolute worst because you aren't being an aggressive internet keyboard warrior.

I hope you don't believe this, and if you do, you change your mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X