Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Dang good show. Sad it over.

A friend said he heard there is going to be a 1923 series showing the early years of the ranch.....any one hear this????
    1932 I believe

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      I watch the show with my wife, but I wish it was more realistic

Faith hill’s character has gotten old……the headstrong matriarch bit is tiresome.

The daughter’s fiancé dies and a week later she is shacking up with a Indian, a few days later she is fluent in Comanche? In real life they would have raised the wagons, kidnapped her and sold her off.

The premise is awesome, but the character development goes too far over the top.

Maybe I look too deep in things, I liked Yellowstone until they made the livestock officers an extension of the swat team, multiple murders with no outside investigation, etc. throwing snakes at people was the point they jumped the shark.

All valid points. However, each weekly episode, the time skipped further and further. They were still in TX/OK when her cowboy died. And the indian was in the plains of Kansas. He traveled with them to at least Wyoming before leaving them so they shacked up somewhere in northwestern Kansas. When they said goodby’s, there were snowy mountains in the background. Thats got to be a month of travel. Just spitballing.

The whole journey took 6 months according to the Captain.

Overall i thought it was better and more realistic than Yellowstone. I wonder if they continue with the 1883 series and still have enough material to do 1932. I remember some cut scenes from Yellowstone when James is a lawman and Faiths character has 2 sons. Thats when James gets shot and falls bleeding at the door.

I liked how they tied in giving permission to the Indians hunting in the valley. Makes sense about the flashback when they kill the steer in the snow from that episode of Yellowstone. Lots of potential to tie all the shows together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
        Thought the same thing! Haha I was like dang, they couldn’t find a mourning dove for that part of the scene?!

Loved it as well, bitter sweet that it’s over. Great acting on all parts.
        I was already ****** about the domestic rabbit earlier... then that happened...

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
          I love the show and hate it's over for now.

One mistake caught in the last episode.
          When Elsa was sitting on her dad at the special spot she had chosen. She described her first memory being birds pecking the ground after a rain. Then as if on cue, there was a bird in front of them on the ground. Problem is it was a Eurasian Collered Dove, which didn't make it to the US, via Bahamas then Florida until the 1970s.

Anyone else catch that??

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
          Yeah I did too. That and the Western Diamondback that bit what's his name. They don't have those where he got bit.

Comment

Caught the dove and overly plump rabbit..

But did y'all catch the real reveal?

When we die we get to go ride away with our indian spouse!

No heaven, no hell!!
            Just whatever you want your forever to be!?!?

Well I'll be, sign me up for never-ending 200" droptine bucks and double digit bass!
            With the wife as my guide of course, can't leave her out.....

At least that's what I think I saw, heck maybe blondie made it and moms and pops just decided to plant roots there.

Comment

I did catch that.
              Show is over the top, but hard to stop watching.

Comment

1883 Showed up on the Firestick menu recently, so I watched it all yesterday. I thought it was extremely well written, very well shot, and well acted for the most part.

Elsa Dutton was an amazing character, and I thought that young lady did a great job capturing her spirit. I don’t normally like the “inner dialogue”, but I thought it added a lot to her character by explaining her perception of people, and the old west.

I really appreciated that they took the time to shoot in locations consistent with where they claimed to actually be. Although I questioned why when they didn’t want to cross the Red north of Ft Worth, why they had to drop far enough south to then have to cross the Brazos, then the Red at Doan’s Crossing….but whatever. Lol at whoever suggested Waco…

Tim McGraw was the biggest anchor for me, I just can’t take the little **** seriously as a tough guy, I couldn’t help but laugh at him a couple times per episode. Surely Josh Brolin, or someone else was available.

Really a great show, all in all, and a really good binge. I also enjoyed Charlie Goodnight showing up. I couldn’t help but think Sheridan wrote that part in, just so he could play Charlie Goodnight, and I wouldn’t blame him. I expected to see an appearance from Quannah Parker….

Comment

Spot on Dale! I’m ready to rewatch it on a binge.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    1883 Showed up on the Firestick menu recently, so I watched it all yesterday. I thought it was extremely well written, very well shot, and well acted for the most part.

Elsa Dutton was an amazing character, and I thought that young lady did a great job capturing her spirit. I don’t normally like the “inner dialogue”, but I thought it added a lot to her character by explaining her perception of people, and the old west.

I really appreciated that they took the time to shoot in locations consistent with where they claimed to actually be. Although I questioned why when they didn’t want to cross the Red north of Ft Worth, why they had to drop far enough south to then have to cross the Brazos, then the Red at Doan’s Crossing….but whatever. Lol at whoever suggested Waco…

Tim McGraw was the biggest anchor for me, I just can’t take the little **** seriously as a tough guy, I couldn’t help but laugh at him a couple times per episode. Surely Josh Brolin, or someone else was available.

Really a great show, all in all, and a really good binge. I also enjoyed Charlie Goodnight showing up. I couldn’t help but think Sheridan wrote that part in, just so he could play Charlie Goodnight, and I wouldn’t blame him. I expected to see an appearance from Quannah Parker….

nailed it

Comment

Finally got to watch this and liked it. Will probably watch it again with the wife this summer. And then slide in 1923.

Comment

Working...
                      X