Taxidermy Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxidermy Question

So me and my family have been hunting since Friday. The deal is that, if possible, the two kids could each shoot one good buck. Good to us is one we’re willing to pay for at least a euro mount for. My boy sealed the deal on Friday and he’s tagged out. Last night my daughter decided she’d rather have a grey fox than another deer. So my question is, how much does a full body grey fox mount run? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
    So me and my family have been hunting since Friday. The deal is that, if possible, the two kids could each shoot one good buck. Good to us is one we’re willing to pay for at least a euro mount for. My boy sealed the deal on Friday and he’s tagged out. Last night my daughter decided she’d rather have a grey fox than another deer. So my question is, how much does a full body grey fox mount run? Thanks in advance.
    I believe my guy charges $750. The last one I had done looks great and was $550 about 15 years ago but prices have gone up.

Comment

A LOT more the a Euro Deer..

Comment

I trapped one last night and called 2 people this morning. Both quoted $850

Comment

Mine costed $800. But it's also one of the best if not the best fox mount I've seen personally. I'm not just sayin that because it's mine.

I have a bobcat mount I got done for $350 and it sucks.

Comment

Fox is more than a deer but don’t go cheap on a fox mount. 800-1000 would be what you should expect to pay

Comment

You could also have it tanned for a wallhanger (trapper type skin), it'll be a lot cheaper and you don't take the chance on getting a crappy mount.

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
                Fox is more than a deer but don’t go cheap on a fox mount. 800-1000 would be what you should expect to pay
                This....

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  You could also have it tanned for a wallhanger (trapper type skin), it'll be a lot cheaper and you don't take the chance on getting a crappy mount.
                  This is what I would do. Good fox mount isn't going to be cheap.

Comment

Well fellas, based on the replies, I’ll be doing something other than a full body. She may need to go after a buck again.

Comment

Shot a coyote the other day with good fur. Stuck it in the freezer and took it to taxidermist. I about spit my red bull across the room when he said $1100 for a full body mount.

Do to space reasons I settled on a pedestal shoulder mount for the dog but it’s still as pricey as a should mount for a deer

Comment

I paid $550 i think for a yote full body.
                        Would expect $550-850 for quality work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Skin it and have the hide tanned

Comment

$650

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X