No announcement yet.

Southeast Iowa Live.....Come Along for the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late report from yesterday. It was foggy, misty and 45 degrees when I went out yesterday evening. At 6:10pm 4 does came out of the brown soy beans into the cut corn. At about 6:20pm two bucks came across the new drainage basin that I seeded in winter rye. They grazed their way across the newly sprouted rye. The bucks are starting to get interested in the does but still coming out right before dark. I was totally out of shooting light by 6:40pm. Me and my equipment was pretty wet when I got down.

I was ready for the coyotes last night but they didn't show. Bow on one side of tree and .22-.250 on the other side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged!

Comment

This oughta get good! Thanks for taking us along. Supposed to be near 90 here today and tomorrow but then a couple cold fronts come our way. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          This oughta get good! Thanks for taking us along. Supposed to be near 90 here today and tomorrow but then a couple cold fronts come our way. Good luck!
          It is going to be almost 80 here tomorrow and 22 for a low temp on Monday.[emoji44]

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
            It is going to be almost 80 here tomorrow and 22 for a low temp on Monday.[emoji44]

Bring on the sneezing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really enjoy your threads...good luck this season sir.

Comment

Tagged. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was fishing weather here today, but the fish cooperated about like your deer did......

Comment

In the tree saddle this evening. I am back in some thick stuff about 40 yards from the edge of a hay meadow. The "Buck Roost" is about 200 yards in front of me. I am on a pinch point between the North Fabius River and a feeder creek. This little point is about 30 yards wide. It just started raining.

Comment

My location this evening. Getting dark quick with the cloud cover. Light rain falling.

Comment

Great thread. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                          I have 4 preference points and hoping to make it next season. Following. Good luck!
                          You and me both bud!

Comment

Keep after em Mike!

Comment

Do Iowa points ever expire? I have 4 but have been sitting on them for a few years.

Comment

Mike how long does your typical tree saddle hunt last? Only reason I ask is when I go out I am usually out for 4-6 hours. Are tree saddle comfortable enough for that duration?

Comment

Working...
                                X