No announcement yet.

Gun confiscation LE/Mil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The farmers, blacksmiths, cobblers, printers, tailors, etc. ended a war in 1783 against trained military men.

We can do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      The farmers, blacksmiths, cobblers, printers, tailors, etc. ended a war in 1783 against trained military men.

We can do it again.
      100% without a doubt .
      We need a lot more like you!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        100% without a doubt .
        We need a lot more like you!!
        Keep it up and you are going to convince me to change my mind....

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
          There ain’t no cops in my agency that would ever agree to do a mass gun confiscation, and that includes the high sheriff.. We are all a bunch of 2a loving, trump voting boys and girls who will stand WITH our citizens and not against them.

Now the alphabet boys who work for the Federal Gubment? They are a different story and are wild cards.

This is an honest no BS question, what happens if someone on your agency stumbles across a guy with a bump stock? Hell, IDK what happens when any law enforcement stumbles across a person with a bump stock, but hoping you might be willing to clarify, what a pro 2nd Amendment agency might do. If it is something you would rather not answer on an open forum I completely understand.

Thanks

PS, I do not have, nor have i ever had a bumpstock. The ban on them however, is something I see as an affront to the 2nd Amendment

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
            This is an honest no BS question, what happens if someone on your agency stumbles across a guy with a bump stock? Hell, IDK what happens when any law enforcement stumbles across a person with a bump stock, but hoping you might be willing to clarify, what a pro 2nd Amendment agency might do. If it is something you would rather not answer on an open forum I completely understand.

Thanks

PS, I do not have, nor have i ever had a bumpstock. The ban on them however, is something I see as an affront to the 2nd Amendment
            I've asked many times.
            Never been answered once.

Comment

We can do it again.
              Yes sir. Without a doubt.

Comment

I cannot disagree about what has been happing in liberal ran cities with liberal chiefs of police telling their troops to stand down and embrace the “hug a thug” mentality. It truly does make me sick.

But I know that here in my neck of the woods, when the antifa thugs showed up, had they started lighting up malotov cocktails and chunking them at buildings, we would have used deadly force if need be to protect property from arson, because we know our leaders and prosecutors have our backs. Our business owners were in their businesses and were armed preparing for looters breaking into/burning/raiding their establishments. We were not ordered to use deadly force but we were NOT told to stand down and allow the looting either. Our county and city remains unscorched (not even one spot of graffiti) because I think they knew we were prepared and would shoot if need be.

I understand it’s not the same in the big cities.
                Recently I was in another state and one of my relatives had moved back to his old stomping grounds. We went inside one of the local businesses to chat with a longtime businessman and some of his family. The man’s son-in-law is the sheriff for the county. Antifa had previously shown up in town and were at the Walmart. The sheriff got a call that they were out there so he drove out to have a talk with them. Before they caused any damage he warned them that there is a law that allows business owners to shoot through doors to defend their properties. The sheriff also mentioned that he and his deputies would be there to help stop antifa whatever it took. He painted a very grim future for all members of antifa set on causing destruction in that county. They soon left.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  If and when the assault weapons ban passes the ones already owned will be grandfathered and there will be a buyback program. My new Mossberg MVP (in 5.56) may suddenly increase in value. Then, 4 years from now when Trump wins the next election, he may or may not repeal it. We'll see.
                  It’s a good thing that 99% of all gun owners don’t have any “assault weapons “.

Comment

I cannot disagree about what has been happing in liberal ran cities with liberal chiefs of police telling their troops to stand down and embrace the “hug a thug” mentality. It truly does make me sick.

But I know that here in my neck of the woods, when the antifa thugs showed up, had they started lighting up malotov cocktails and chunking them at buildings, we would have used deadly force if need be to protect property from arson, because we know our leaders and prosecutors have our backs. Our business owners were in their businesses and were armed preparing for looters breaking into/burning/raiding their establishments. We were not ordered to use deadly force but we were NOT told to stand down and allow the looting either. Our county and city remains unscorched (not even one spot of graffiti) because I think they knew we were prepared and would shoot if need be.

I understand it’s not the same in the big cities.
                    Sounds like you are quite familiar with the Parker County Sheriff's Posse

Comment

MadHat - I’ll answer. It would depend on the situation. If it’s is a guy driving down the road with a rifle case I would not even know they had a bump stock or what was in the case. I’ve seen things also that look like bump stocks that are just stocks. I’m not a weapon inspector.

Now if the person was involved in an arrest on a raid in a dope house I’m checking everything on that gun because often times those are stolen weapons.

Comment

We can do it again.
                        I'm ready. Many great men left their awesome lives and wealth to fight the British in 1776. I may die and/or lose my possessions, but I will die free. Anyone who is worried about their 401k is a punk.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                          If and when the assault weapons ban passes the ones already owned will be grandfathered and there will be a buyback program. My new Mossberg MVP (in 5.56) may suddenly increase in value. Then, 4 years from now when Trump wins the next election, he may or may not repeal it. We'll see.
                          Who says anything about 'grandfathering' being on the table? They don't have to grandfather anything and you will have to register each and every gun you own on your 1040 along with a tax for each one. Do you still feel all proud of your Mossberg now?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            There's been a lot of talk and controversy about Biden and his potential for weapon bans, confiscation and the like.

If things go really, really south-Georgia votes in two dems, a law banning some guns, ammo, mags etc is almost a certainty. No clamoring about executive orders, it'll pass the House, Senate and Uncle Joe will sign it, maybe he'll even remember his name long enough to write it on the signature line.

Paul Howe wrote a piece on his blog about the reality of confiscation and the high price LE, National Guard units and others would pay domestically to enforce that stance if it really came to that reality.

The underlying premise in the article specifies that LE, NG or whoever has to live somewhere, most likely in the community where the adverse actions take place. Potentially placing their family at risk. The Mexican cartels follow the precepts of unconventional warfare to perfection. They may not get you, but they will get your family and that changes the motivation factor substantially. Same tactics applied in the US under dire circumstances yield similar results.

Howe is a retired Master Sergeant who spent the majority of his career in Delta. He continues to maintain his relevance in the tactical arena and trains LE, .mil and civilians. With thirty years in the business, I've had the opportunity to train with a bunch of folks domestically and abroad, mil, LE, professional shooters, etc Howe is the best. He articulates why he does everything and why it works. I have zero affiliation with Howe other than a tremendous appreciation for his passion, expertise and willingness to share his knowledge base.

There are A LOT of posers in the tactical arena these days, along with the requisite number of folks who never quite had the balls to sign up and do the deed. Don't waste your time, extremely valuable resources (ammo, powder, bullets, primers) and money to watch, read or train with these guys. Please.

Joe Rogan observed that the majority of folks overate their ability to defend themselves in a physical altercation by 10,000%, The same holds true for tactical competence. IMO, if you're worried about confiscation, raise your level of training and preparedness. Hoarding ammo is great, but do you really have the ability and knowledge about how to defend your home? Owning 100 guns is great, but competence with just one actually produces results.

Interesting read from a true American Patriot and bada**

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I’ve been LEO for 25 years and come from LEO family. I’ve trained with Paul for 10 years or more and he is intense and is the best combat trainer I’ve trained with. As far as gun confiscation, I won’t have any part of it. I’ve had my FFL for close to 15 years and support the 2nd. I don’t know any LEO that would be involved in gun confiscation, except for a handful of yahoo’s that have no business with a badge and a gun. Hopefully we can get through the next 4 years w/o a civil war and get back on track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              Thats the easy part, the hard part is losing Freedom, and when that happens all the BS you listed will be the last thing on your mind.
                              Yep because all of that "stuff" will be confiscated and owned by China...

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                I'm ready. Many great men left their awesome lives and wealth to fight the British in 1776. I may die and/or lose my possessions, but I will die free. Anyone who is worried about their 401k is a punk.
                                But yet you call confederate soldiers traitors. Oh the irony.

Comment

Working...
                                X