No announcement yet.

Knife Sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the warthog v sharp, by far the best and easiest sharpener I’ve ever had. You can also get different rods with finer grits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodd View Post
      I have a Wicked Edge, a Lansky, work sharp, DMT, wet stones, the cheap pull thru sharpeners and a steel. Only use the Wicked Edge system now.
      I’ve had a Wicked Edge for 4-5 years now. I love it, but I still use a Work Sharp for touch ups. I only use the fine grit belts as they don’t remove much material. Touch up my knives occasionally on the Work Sharp, and any actual blade work or sharpening is done on the Wicked Edge. I sharpened a set of Wusthof kitchen knives about 3-3.5 years ago on the WE, and have done nothing but touch them to a steel once a week. Still hair popping sharp with a couple quick passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        If you own cheap knives this is fine...
        Cheap knives, expensive knives, it gets them all razor sharp. There isn’t a knife sharpener on the market that can hang with a work sharp for sharpness, ease, and speed. I have a leather belt for mine and I can take any knife to scary sharp in less than 2 minutes. If you don’t know how to use it you will mess a blade up. But that’s operator error.

Comment

Diamond stones for most, but have a lot of wet stones ( Arkansas stones) also. My dad used to run a side business, sharpening ( and making a few ) knives for people. He could get them so scary sharp, I seen many a guy split his thumb or finger on them while “ checking” how sharp they were. We butchered animals for a lot of folks for years and years. Once my dad thought us how to cut meat ( luckily there were no child labor laws back then lol) he would just keep every knife sharp so as not to slow the process. There were several times each year we would have 12 elk and at least that and some times more deer hanging at a single time. Sharp knives make a huge difference. I miss him a lot, but I don’t really miss all that butchering, and the mess that comes with it.
          Last edited by critter69; 11-15-2020, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Cheap knives, expensive knives, it gets them all razor sharp. There isn’t a knife sharpener on the market that can hang with a work sharp for sharpness, ease, and speed. I have a leather belt for mine and I can take any knife to scary sharp in less than 2 minutes. If you don’t know how to use it you will mess a blade up. But that’s operator error.
            What leather belts did you get? Would like to get something finer than the fine belt.

Comment

Nothing is faster or more effective than a whetstone and a ceramic rod.. Do yourself a favor and learn how to use them. It is not difficult at all. Its like riding a bike. Once you get it you got it..

Comment

I agree.. They will flat eat a blade up in a hurry..

Comment

Knife Sharpening

Warthog v-sharp curve

Comment

I like my wicked edge .

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      I can't sharpen a knife to save me. Need a good sharper too

I have always been the same! Bought one of these off of TBH classifieds:

and have never looked back! My kitchen knives are sharp enough to shave in a couple minutes. And the same with my 2-blade broadheads (it will only work on 2-blade heads where the blade is removable from the ferrule). My sharpening woes are over now!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have used a Chefs Choice for years and been very happy with it.

Comment

I bought a worksharp to sharpen my broadheads on. After a few tries, I found it was not as good as what I had been using before and returned it. Won’t ever even consider buying one again!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks! That’s exactly what I use, cheap knives. Buck, Case, Shrade, Uncle Henry and even a few no names. If I lose, break, wear it out it’s on to the next. I have dozens of them and they are all razor sharp.

Comment

I've stones and diamonds...Lansky is really good but slow..Worksharp is fast and easy..But really aggressive...I use the finer grit to slow down the aggressive...
                              I find that if you keep up with sharpening.(dont let them get too dull before sharp touch up)

Comment

This is what causes the rounded points someone mentioned, operator error.

I got a WS years ago for my kitchen knives, just to save time. Pretty much use it for everything now.

Comment

Working...
                                X