Hellcat vs. XDS Mod 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    What is your prefered carry method on the micro 9(IWB OWB, or ?)? I just bought one and on the on figuring out which holster. Putting a trigger kit in the Micro tonight.
    IWB appendix in a Muddy River Tactical tuckable.

Which trigger kit?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      IWB appendix in a Muddy River Tactical tuckable.

Which trigger kit?
      Mcarbo. It started way too heavy when new, but I have dry fired it probably 1500+ times and it as really improved while waiting on the kit to arrive. It has dropped a pound or more just from the repeated dry firing. I have the firing pin, hammer, and sear spring in kit from Mcarbo. Going to start with just the hammer and firing pin and see how it is. All of them are supposed to take it high 2s to 3#. Really want to around 4 on this pistol and try that before going any lower.

Custom Kimber Micro 9 Trigger and Improved Kimber Micro 9 Aftermarket Parts by Combat Veterans! Also works for the Kimber Micro 380 Trigger! Best Kimber Micro 9 Trigger Upgrade for Competition Level Performance!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        Mcarbo. It started way too heavy when new, but I have dry fired it probably 1500+ times and it as really improved while waiting on the kit to arrive. It has dropped a pound or more just from the repeated dry firing. I have the firing pin, hammer, and sear spring in kit from Mcarbo. Going to start with just the hammer and firing pin and see how it is. All of them are supposed to take it high 2s to 3#. Really want to around 4 on this pistol and try that before going any lower.

https://www.mcarbo.com/kimber-micro-...pring-kit.aspx
        Nice! Picked one up to try. thanks for the tip.

Comment

Nice! Picked one up to try. thanks for the tip.
          I just put springs in. Prefect without replacing the sear spring for me. I don't have a scale but would guess between 3-4#. Perfect for me Just fyi

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup-- that's why I said that. The XD is made in Croatia.

I wonder about that SAS version. Interesting idea-- wonder how it feels to shoot like that.
            This is not an EDC-- it's a truck gun that I may carry infrequently.
            SAS is cool and they are shipping it with and WITHOUT the porting now. I've spend a lot of time with ported and compensated pistols. Not a fan for EDC, and I'd guess I'm not the only one since they came out with the portless version. Melded and Snag free is great - Hot gas blowing out sideways? - potentially in a confined space or from a pocket? Not so much.

There are mixed reviews on that sighting system but I'm going to be target focus on anything I'd be shooting with it so that's not a factor.

Lot's of choices!

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
              SAS is cool and they are shipping it with and WITHOUT the porting now. I've spend a lot of time with ported and compensated pistols. Not a fan for EDC, and I'd guess I'm not the only one since they came out with the portless version. Melded and Snag free is great - Hot gas blowing out sideways? - potentially in a confined space or from a pocket? Not so much.

There are mixed reviews on that sighting system but I'm going to be target focus on anything I'd be shooting with it so that's not a factor.

Lot's of choices!

Great take, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X