This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    Lol I’m just curious why went back 20 years ago seemed an odd comment not provoked by much... texas will be back every program wanders through the Forrest at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's when Saban took over, seemed like an obvious choice. Quick glance, they only won 8 plus games on 8 occasions the 20 years prior and I believe only 2 of the twenty were double digits and it's not much better the further back you go. What they've accomplished since he was hired trump's their history as a program.
    Last edited by Chad C; 01-29-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      LSU was wandering in the darkness before Saban came to town. They've done a good job of keeping it rolling over the last 20 years.
      LSU has always had a winning program. The 90s were the dark ages, the early 90s anyway. Then LSU made a commitment to win Championships and the have done exactly that. 3(oops) since the turn of the century. Not bad I think.

As an LSU fan, the early 90s were absolutely terrible, something like 5 or 6 years straight losing seasons. Oh man it was rough. Im sure you can relate.

I like whats happening at LSU. Constantly moving coaches through, filling the ranks all over CFB with good coaches. I cant wait to see what Aranda can do at Baylor.
      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 01-29-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

LSU and Texas are pretty similar programs are they not?

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            No.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              No.
              You may want to go check.

Comment

Texas success has been fairly spread out over time. The last 20 years defines the LSU program with 3 of their 4 nattys coming in the last 20 years with 3 different coaches. Their current run puts them in that BS Blue Blood argument while Texas is falling out of that argument in search of success. My 2 cents.

The SEC has been around since 1933. Five of their 12 SEC titles have come during the current run. They won 7, 2 shared in the previous 66 years.
                Last edited by Chad C; 01-29-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

You may want to go check.
                  Over 100 more wins and double the conference championships.

LSU has been better the last 10 years. The decade prior to that they were about the same.

Comment

Texas success has been fairly spread out over time. The last 20 years defines the LSU program with 3 of their 4 nattys coming in the last 20 years with 3 different coaches. Their current run puts them in that BS Blue Blood argument while Texas is falling out of that argument in search of success. My 2 cents.

The SEC has been around since 1933.
                    If Texas is falling out then so are USC and Michigan. Nebraska left years ago. LOL.

Comment

If Texas is falling out then so are USC and Michigan. Nebraska left years ago. LOL.
                      Truth. Well, 3 of those are teetering on the cliff. Nebraska is lost in the wilderness.

Comment

I would hope not

Comment

Truth. Well, 3 of those are teetering on the cliff. Nebraska is lost in the wilderness.
                          Notre Dame?

Comment

Over 100 more wins and double the conference championships.

LSU has been better the last 10 years. The decade prior to that they were about the same.
                            And those are the only areas they have a large edge in. All others are very close.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              I would hope not
                              You may want to check as well.

Comment

Notre Dame?
                                They're like non-binary folk, dazed and confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X