Astros players also cheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    MLB literally turned a blind eye to whole PED epidemic that tainted an entire decade of records, legacies and HOF careers. NOW, they want to make their stand on stealing signs???? We did that starting in Little League.

MLB has zero credibility for rule enforcement or sanctity of the game. Just like the HOF don't mean **** if Pete Rose ain't in it.

Exactly!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

MLB literally turned a blind eye to whole PED epidemic that tainted an entire decade of records, legacies and HOF careers. NOW, they want to make their stand on stealing signs???? We did that starting in Little League.

MLB has zero credibility for rule enforcement or sanctity of the game. Just like the HOF don't mean **** if Pete Rose ain't in it.
      What’s the ban on PED use now? Baseball has never been known for there trend setting skills always behimd the times and slow to change. For what it’s worth I’m not bashing the astros. Great team with tons of talent and think the axe fell unfairly on them no way they are the only ones. They just won and drew a bigger target on them selfs. But I’m happy MLB got in front of this now with the technology available these days and not drag their feet like they did with the PED’s if this was the Nats of 2019 would it change your mind?

And yes I agree Pete got and continues to get the shaft...
      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 01-16-2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

*****SLOW CLAP***** for DD

Comment

As my kid say.... mic drop!! Which I thing means I agree, lol

Comment

They all cheat, some get caught.

Comment

**** RIGHT!! ACROSS THE BOARD !!

** Pete Rose and his 4,256 Hits say, “F.U. , HOF!”

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                Agree it’s part of the game but where do you draw the line?? I mean it has to stop some where. Apparently it was a well known thing amongst teams. If MLB didn’t do anything it would open the door wide open for more of the same and water down the sport
                If you're dumb enough to get your signs stolen and dumb enough to not know it's happening....the wrong manager got fired.

Comment

I think they should all start batting from the pitchers mound.

Comment

I actually kinda like sign stealing, reason is baseball is a boring game, the more hits the less boring the game, I don’t watch any baseball till the very end of the season so could care less
                    If it is the two best cheaters with lots of offense and good defense !
                    Now any sport using steroids or dopping to get wins well different story

And F Pete Rose, for many different reason, cheating to win in gambling
                    Breaking that guys arm during the all star game, just being a D-bag ,
                    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-16-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      **** RIGHT!! ACROSS THE BOARD !!

** Pete Rose and his 4,256 Hits say, “F.U. , HOF!”
                      Missing from the HOF:

Pete Rose....All-time Hits Leader (4,256)
                      Roger Clemens.... 7 Cy Youngs
                      Barry Bonds....All-time Home Run Leader (762)

MLB HOF= Joke

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                        I actually kinda like sign stealing, reason is baseball is a boring game, the more hits the less boring the game, I don’t watch any baseball till the very end of the season so could care less
                        If it is the two best cheaters with lots of offense and good defense !
                        Now any sport using steroids or dopping to get wins well different story
                        I thinks that’s the exact reason why PEDs where overlooked for so long personally

Comment

Ya can't hit another player in football anymore?
                          Ya get tossed out of hockey game for fighting now?
                          Nascar spends millions to prevent wreck?
                          Now ya can't steal signs in baseball?

Wussafication of America continues!

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                            I thinks that’s the exact reason why PEDs where overlooked for so long personally
                            PED’s because baseball is so boring they need them to make it interesting?

MLB should be banned from tv till the playoffs, if you want to see it go to the dang park
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-16-2020, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                              Ok. I’ll bite. And many won’t like what I’m going to say. But here it is.

WHO GIVES A ****???? Seriously....

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I don’t care one bit about the “cheating”. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. It’s part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. It’s part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isn’t played the same anymore. It’s about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you don’t want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Exactly and I'm not even a Astros fan!!!

Comment

Astros players also cheated

It the midget wore a buzzer he should be banned for life from baseball.

Same goes for Bregman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X