Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-24-2020, 09:04 AM   #51
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Hunt In: 100% Public

Good those types of cases are a complete waste of
police/judicial resources. Legalize and tax the stuff and be done with it. Cannabis prohibition has been a farce from the beginning.

Last edited by arrowsmack324; 01-24-2020 at 09:14 AM.
arrowsmack324 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 09:14 AM   #52
Stuck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
No facts to support your claim of millionaires. That's the thing, you have no clue how many smoke occasionally in their own home. In states where it's legal it isn't allowed in public.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Hereís 2 facts.
If Iím having surgery and one surgeon lit up last night, the other does not partake, Iím going with guy #2.
I have no problem with my teenage son drinking a few beers and have allowed it numerous times, Iíve never handed him a joint.
Stuck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #53
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
My brother partook for many years. He live in a shed behind my moms house
How many homeless people do you see with a joint? Now, how many with a bottle?

FTR I do not smoke or drink but I find it hypocritical that one is looked upon as deviant behavior and the other is socially accepted.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 09:29 AM   #54
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysonhogs View Post
How many homeless people do you see with a joint? Now, how many with a bottle?

FTR I do not smoke or drink but I find it hypocritical that one is looked upon as deviant behavior and the other is socially accepted.
I dont hang out where homeless people hang out so I dont see their joints or their heroin or their bottles.
Now, how about you tell me how many homeless smoked weed in their developmental years.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 09:31 AM   #55
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:
I dont hang out where homeless people hang out so I dont see their joints or their heroin or their bottles.
Now, how about you tell me how many homeless smoked weed in their developmental years.

Good grief. That's laughable. How many drank alcohol? I'm not even going to try to give a response to that crap. Yeah, I hang out with the homeless on the weekend.

You not go to the city? See a homeless person? What bubble do you live in? Alcohol is no different.

Last edited by Graysonhogs; 01-24-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:31 AM   #56
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedale View Post
APD Chief has pointed this out. And the CC is backing up a bit on its original position.

I live in the area of Austin and look at in wonder what type of city it would be if it weren't for the conservative value of the State Government.

I fear if Texas goes blue, Austin will look like Baltimore or Detroit.
I heard it already does
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #57
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
You canít pick and choose law and order, either its law or disorder.

No reason to enforce anything I guess if you wonít enforce a gateway drug.

Your sonís and daughters will likely end up just like disorder would speculate.

Its Godless
Amen!
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 09:37 AM   #58
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraider View Post
I'll say this, the Austin City Council is a freaking joke. As far as their feel good vote goes, it means nothing, they can't "vote" to not enforce State law. Can they use political pressure to dictate how APD does business, maybe, maybe not.

The legalization push legitimately started when Gov. Abbott signed the "hemp legislation" several months ago. I won't go into specifics, but that single handedly created significant legal hurdles to enforcing Possession of Marijuana laws. My department no longer makes routine POM arrests due to the new legislation.

As far as what's been quoted above, I take exception to a couple things...… The "medical marijuana" argument is mostly BS in my opinion. Most experts say that the beneficial aspects of MJ can be delivered in ways other than smoking, which obviously introduces the THC "high" that most pot-heads are after. I'm not denying in any way that MJ/Hemp may have some legit medical uses, but medical MJ in and of itself was an is overwhelmingly just a BS way for MJ users to legally get it.

Secondly, making a statement that makes it seem as though someone under the influence of MJ while driving a car is harmless is irresponsible and simply not true. Impaired drivers, regardless of what drug they are on, are extremely dangerous when they get behind the wheel. I've seen many, many stoned idiots operating vehicles where its a miracle they hadn't killed anyone before being stopped by LE.

I'll say this, I honestly don't care if a responsible adult wants to smoke a joint here and there, especially in the confines of their private lives. I also believe that alcohol is just as devastating and likely more so to the average American. Alcohol causes a bunch of problems in a lot of people's lives, there is no denying that. I do think its ironic in several ways that alcohol is legal and MJ is not.

I really appreciate the input, and perspective. I truly do. I would imagine some have a mischaracterized me in their heads by some of these comments.

I do not smoke MJ. Let me make that crystal clear. I am however an alcoholic, nine years sober, and I’ve seen firsthand the absolute devastating effects of alcoholism. Along with alcoholism, DWIs come hand-in-hand. I know that first hand as well. I am not ashamed of my past, because it has made me who I am today. All glory to God the father Almighty. He truly saved my life in one moment. So now that you have a little background on me. I think your final paragraph is exactly my point. no I do disagree with your comment about the medicinal benefits of marijuana. I would again like to point out the fact that all of these medical experts who have this opinion, and put this opinion out there, all have an agenda against the legalization of marijuana. Whether they realize it or not. The negative impact that the legalization of marijuana would have on the entire medical industry, is beyond comprehension. If you guys any clue the amount of money that it’s used every year lobbying against the legalization of marijuana it would blow minds.

My comment about a stone driver sitting at a stop sign waiting for it to turn green, was pretty tongue-in-cheek. I thought most would get that, so to clarify, I do think someone stoned out of their mind shouldn’t be driving a car. I think after legalization, and there are two companies racing to get this accomplished, a breathalyzer of sorts needs to be implemented to detect recent marijuana use. I hope that clarifies my thoughts on someone driving Baked out of their mind.

It boils down at the end of the day to our government simply becoming too big, and operating outside of the constitution, I am the way the founders design our country to operate. If you want to live in a state where marijuana was legal move there. If you don’t, then live somewhere where it’s not legal. Implement the 10th amendment as it was a designed, and we will all stop arguing about this stupid **** that we argue about. Not to mention all the stuff that we fight against the liberals against, high taxes, abortion, etc. I think you see my point

Last edited by JLivi1224; 01-24-2020 at 09:41 AM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 09:38 AM   #59
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:
No facts to support your claim of millionaires. That's the thing, you have no clue how many smoke occasionally in their own home. In states where it's legal it isn't allowed in public.

Exactly my point as well bob. I believe most, would be floored, at the number of people that they know who partake in their own homes and keep it private.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #60
nathank
Ten Point

Hunt In: Panola County

Well......
Attached Images

nathank is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #61
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathank View Post
Well......
Man thatís funny!
Old 01-24-2020, 11:01 AM   #62
Cookiemonster1
Six Point

Hunt In: lampasas,brady

Aim small miss small!
Cookiemonster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 11:02 AM   #63
critter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

The number one gateway ď drugĒ is alcohol, I worked in a rehab center and 99% of them started using alcohol, normally beer as a entry.
critter69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #64
Fightinaggies
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
Hereís 2 facts.
If Iím having surgery and one surgeon lit up last night, the other does not partake, Iím going with guy #2.
I have no problem with my teenage son drinking a few beers and have allowed it numerous times, Iíve never handed him a joint.
What exactly is the difference?
Fightinaggies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #65
Johnny44
Ten Point

To ignore the dangers of genetically enhanced weed, emergency room stats and the statistics on driving accidents just shows you have been indoctrinated or have adopted the weed culture.

You would now be the Iguana on Cheech & Chong’s “Nice Dreams” as foretold by the liberal globalist so many years ago. Just about the time “we” started spraying and genetic alterations started.

Good luck and smoke up !
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #66
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

And then I got high and then I got high high

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 12:22 PM   #67
bollomb
Ten Point

Hunt In: Trinity

Your brother was destined to be homeless, he just happened to smoke pot too. Pot on the streets costs more than a bottle of Mickeys so I'm sure you know which route they take.

Quote:
bollomb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 12:25 PM   #68
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

lol!

Some of y'all sound like a bunch of liberals whining about "Blood in the streets!!" when concealed carry was becoming legalized in the US.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #69
Jspradley
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter69 View Post
The number one gateway ď drugĒ is alcohol, I worked in a rehab center and 99% of them started using alcohol, normally beer as a entry.
If ANY drug should be outlawed it should be alcohol.

Alcohol kills 88,000 people every year in the US alone.

Anyone who is ok with alcohol but thinks weed is the great satan really needs to re-evaluate their priorities.

With that said I think all drugs should be decriminalized and abuse treated as the medical and psychological problem it is.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #70
CEO
Pope & Young

I guess they legalized it in Vegas. We were there last month and after walking 100 yards down the street I felt like I'd been riding in Master P's Suburban for an hour.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #71
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:
To ignore the dangers of genetically enhanced weed, emergency room stats and the statistics on driving accidents just shows you have been indoctrinated or have adopted the weed culture.

You would now be the Iguana on Cheech & Chongís ďNice DreamsĒ as foretold by the liberal globalist so many years ago. Just about the time ďweĒ started spraying and genetic alterations started.

Good luck and smoke up !
Alcohol related crashes cost 114 billion a year in direct and indirect costs. That's just accidents. Nobody is indoctrinated. If anything people are indoctrinated to the alcohol culture.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:41 PM   #72
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
Hereís 2 facts.

Dear lord the ignorance in this comment is unbelievable. There is no such thing as a hangover from weed. Lol.

Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #73
CEO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post

Anyone who is ok with alcohol but thinks weed is the great satan really needs to re-evaluate their priorities.

With that said I think all drugs should be decriminalized and abuse treated as the medical and psychological problem it is.
Just FYI; 94% of Subaru thefts are perpetrated my someone under the influence of Marijuana.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #74
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
Just FYI; 94% of Subaru thefts are perpetrated my someone under the influence of Marijuana.
Well they'd have to be high to steal a Subaru.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #75
Jspradley
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
Luckily there's only meth heads where I hunt so I'm not too worried about parking on the side of the road!
Old 01-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #76
CEO
Pope & Young

Quote:
Luckily there's only meth heads where I hunt so I'm not too worried about parking on the side of the road!
Ha. You ain't wrong
Old 01-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #77
kurt68
Ten Point

Hunt In: Waller Co. and Rocksprings and "H"

I work in the Medical Center in Houston, drive up Fannin to get to 45N. Almost every homeless, don't have alcohol, they have weed, cush, or whatever else they are smoking. Get on the train, they get on and you can smell the weed. The dealers give it to them to sale, or whatever. I watched a young dealer chase an old man around my car last week trying to cut him. This guy yesterday was smoking a joint, actually the 2 minutes that I was stuck at the red light, never moved. Looked like a statue. Had the rolled lefty in his hand, never moved the whole time. They are lined on the streets, rolling and passing around not caring who's around them. It's pretty sad.
Attached Images

kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 02:54 PM   #78
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:

You would now be the Iguana on Cheech & Chong’s “Nice Dreams” as foretold by the liberal globalist so many years ago. Just about the time “we” started spraying and genetic alterations started.

Good luck and smoke up !
Hey there bud you can keep the presumptuous bull**** to yourself. there’s nothing weed culture about it. I recognize the fight against legalization for what it is. MONEY MONEY MONEY in medical field, prescriptions, insurance, etc that would take an enormous hit through legalization.

Ah yes, but I’m indoctrinated. Lmao.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #79
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:

Much wisdom here, that will be laughed off. Youíre not wrong.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #80
GA Bowhunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tree/blind/ground

Quote:
Liberal politics.

The left pushed me right.

I guess I'm still libertarian but not going to waste my vote on that candidate.
I'm in the same boat. I'm a libertarian that has to vote R to try to save the sinking ship.
GA Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 03:11 PM   #81
GA Bowhunter
Eight Point

Quote:
There is no such thing as a hangover from weed.
Yes there is. 40 years ago when I was stoned basically 24/7(I kept a bong on the nightstand and smoked a bowl last thing and first thing) every now and then I'd stop smoking for a few days when I had to be productive and get some stuff done.

https://hightimes.com/health/can-you-get-hangover-weed/
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightimes
Another symptom of a weed hangover is the feeling of fogginess and grogginess. Studies have suggested that marijuana can mess with your cognitive function and short-term memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightimes
Fatigue is the number one symptom of a weed hangover. Although marijuana may help individuals as a sleep aid, it can also leave users feeling like they didnít have a proper nights sleep. In 2008, a Penn Medicine study found that marijuana may impair sleep quality for those who consumed it throughout their teenage years.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #82
GA Bowhunter
Eight Point

Here is more info:
https://www.docwirenews.com/home-pag...s-are-sober-2/

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwirenews
Recreational marijuana use affects driving ability even when users are not high on marijuana, according to the findings of a study published in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence
Old 01-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #83
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Dear lord the ignorance in this comment is unbelievable. There is no such thing as a hangover from weed. Lol.

That's what I was thinking. That and hope he doesn't mind that first MIP or worse drunk driving incident.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #84
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hebbronville/Refugio

Quote:

Great idea! Nothing like picking up a loaf of bread and 1/2 ounce of heroin at HEB.

I would encourage some of you that think all drugs should be legalized to spend a little time in special ed departments, foster programs and orphanages. The kids of these junkies probably have a different opinion of ďvictimless crimeĒ arguments.
kyle1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #85
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

This is truly hilarious and eye-opening
Old 01-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #86
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Default austin alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1974 View Post
Great idea! Nothing like picking up a loaf of bread and 1/2 ounce of heroin at HEB.

I would encourage some of you that think all drugs should be legalized to spend a little time in special ed departments, foster programs and orphanages. The kids of these junkies probably have a different opinion of ďvictimless crimeĒ arguments.

We are talking about weed. Google fetal alcohol syndrome when you get a chance.
No way all drugs should all be legalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #87
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Default austin alert!

Quote:
We are talking about weed. Google fetal alcohol syndrome when you get a chance.
No way all drugs should all be legalized.

Go back and read the post I responded to.

Iím familiar with fetal alcohol syndrome as well. Inviting additional issues because there are existing issues is a poor argument.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:49 PM   #88
arrowsmack324
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
This is truly hilarious and eye-opening
Oh yeah buddy, the reefer madness is alive and well. The ones who are most anti are usually the most clueless, or speak from "experience" with whatever family member. Nobody ever try's to address these issues as a public health issue which is how any drug addiction should be approached. If people think the status quo of treating it as a criminal issue has done anything of value to curb drug use they're obviously not paying attention.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #89
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Default austin alert!

Quote:
Go back and read the post I responded to.

Iím familiar with fetal alcohol syndrome as well. Inviting additional issues because there are existing issues is a poor argument.

You arenít inviting additional issues with the legalization of marijuana. My only issue is that the one that causes more real damage in cost to society in lost productivity and medical costs more than all the other ďproblemĒ drugs combined is legal, while the Devils Lettuce isnít. Sure, the politicians will pay it lip service, but thatís all it is. I donít use either but something is askew here.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #90
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Default austin alert!

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/factsheets/pregnancy.htm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...rain-65230/amp

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/20...babies-brains/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by kyle1974; 01-24-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #91
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
Oh yeah buddy, the reefer madness is alive and well. The ones who are most anti are usually the most clueless, or speak from "experience" with whatever family member. Nobody ever try's to address these issues as a public health issue which is how any drug addiction should be approached. If people think the status quo of treating it as a criminal issue has done anything of value to curb drug use they're obviously not paying attention.
Well said.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:59 PM   #92
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Yet more facts from the medical community who would stand to lose billions through legalization. Noted, and taken with a large dose of skepticism.

To be clear, there may be some truth in some of this. But the question of WHY is not asked nearly enough in life.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:59 PM   #93
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:

Wasnít arguing that at all.
Now do alcohol. Why donít they just make cool commercials and tell people ďPlease smoke responsibly.Ē like the alcohol peeps and line the pockets of pols? Youíre citing additional problems being invited. Do you think if they legalized weed, pregnant moms will say ďhail yeah, itís legal now, Iím gonna smokeĒ. Your numbers will be virtually the same either way.
I realize we probably arenít going to agree on this, but I appreciate the respectful back and forth. Have a good weekend.

Old 01-24-2020, 04:02 PM   #94
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Quote:
Wasnít arguing that at all.
Now do alcohol. Why donít they just make cool commercials and tell people ďPlease smoke responsibly.Ē like the alcohol peeps and line the pockets of pols? Youíre citing additional problems being invited. Do you think if they legalized weed, pregnant moms will say ďhail yeah, itís legal now, Iím gonna smokeĒ. Your numbers will be virtually the same either way.
I realize we probably arenít going to agree on this, but I appreciate the respectful back and forth. Have a good weekend.

Did I say alcohol isnít a problem?

Itís basically like a liberal saying we should have open borders because there are already MS13 members in the United States.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:03 PM   #95
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yet more facts from the medical community who would stand to lose billions through legalization. Noted, and taken with a large dose of skepticism.

To be clear, there may be some truth in some of this. But the question of WHY is not asked nearly enough in life.

Yes. Clearly all a scam. Nothing is healthier for a fetus than getting them stoned off their *** every day during their development in the womb.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #96
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes. Clearly all a scam. Nothing is healthier for a fetus than getting them stoned off their *** every day during their development in the womb.
Don’t be a dumbass. And don’t put words in my mouth. Clearly I have no trouble forming coherent thoughts, and don’t need your help. I have plenty of words of my own.

Normally I steer clear of name calling here. Made an exception for you, but more so that comment.
That being said, let me rephrase. Don’t say dumb *** ****

Last edited by JLivi1224; 01-24-2020 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #97
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:
Did I say alcohol isnít a problem?

Itís basically like a liberal saying we should have open borders because there are already MS13 members in the United States.
Yeah... just like that. Godspeed.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #98
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

So then tell me, Kyle. Who stands to lose the most by the legalization of marijuana. I want your honest opinion.
And don’t be so naÔve, Money makes the world go round, sadly.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #99
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yeah... just like that. Godspeed.
Pretty much tells ya everything you needed to know , right.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:08 PM   #100
kyle1974
Pope & Young

Default austin alert!

Quote:
Donít be a dumbass. And donít put words in my mouth. Clearly I have no trouble forming coherent thoughts, and donít need your help. I have plenty of words of my own.

Only a dumbass would argue that marijuana doesnít effect developing children. Have another gummie and strap that tin foil hat on a little tighter.

The rate of kids with special needs has been increasing steadily over the years. The percentage of pregnant women (70%) who think marijuana isnít harmful to a fetus is very likely tied together.

Last edited by kyle1974; 01-24-2020 at 04:20 PM.