Fix It Sticks Vs. Borka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix It Sticks Vs. Borka

Who has used both? What’s your opinions on each? I’ve had a Borka Expanded Field Kit for 4-5 years now, and just picked up the Fix It Sticks All In One kit. Haven’t gotten to use it yet, but just looking for opinions on each, and who prefers one over the other. I needed a second kit regardless, so thought I’d give the FIS a try.

Fix it sticks are awesome. I have used the Borka as well but if you notice when it hits torque, it snaps back and could undo full torque value.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
      Fix it sticks are awesome. I have used the Borka as well but if you notice when it hits torque, it snaps back and could undo full torque value.
      I torque it, then immediately pull off, then snap the Borka back. I’m extremely particular about thumb placement and pulling off immediately. That was part of the attraction to the Fix It Sticks for me. Not having to be as ****, plus the price, and size of the kit.

Comment

So after having both the kits for a few weeks I’ll give my thoughts. I REALLY like the size and convenience of the Fix It Sticks All In One Kit. The T handle and torque limiter is extremely easy to use consistently. I prefer using the FIS kit more than the Borka for sure. The Borka can be very consistent, but not easily. You have to pay attention to the way you use it.

That said if I could only have one kit or the other, then without a doubt it would be the Borka. The FIS kit is just missing too many important bits. I’ve thought about what bits I could pull out of the kit, and replace them with bits I know that I do need, but I can’t find any that seem expendable. In only a few short weeks I’ve found myself having to pull out my Borka kit 3 times to grab a bit from it that the FIS was missing. I can’t think of a single time the Borka was missing anything I’ve needed in roughly 3-4 years. Guess I’ll hang on to both, and keep the FIS in my night time bag.

Comment

Both are great but I use my fix it sticks more these days.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            So after having both the kits for a few weeks I’ll give my thoughts. I REALLY like the size and convenience of the Fix It Sticks All In One Kit. The T handle and torque limiter is extremely easy to use consistently. I prefer using the FIS kit more than the Borka for sure. The Borka can be very consistent, but not easily. You have to pay attention to the way you use it.

That said if I could only have one kit or the other, then without a doubt it would be the Borka. The FIS kit is just missing too many important bits. I’ve thought about what bits I could pull out of the kit, and replace them with bits I know that I do need, but I can’t find any that seem expendable. In only a few short weeks I’ve found myself having to pull out my Borka kit 3 times to grab a bit from it that the FIS was missing. I can’t think of a single time the Borka was missing anything I’ve needed in roughly 3-4 years. Guess I’ll hang on to both, and keep the FIS in my night time bag.

Can you specify what bits the FIS are missing? I'm taking a hard look at the kit right now.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
              Can you specify what bits the FIS are missing? I'm taking a hard look at the kit right now.
              A 3/32 hex bit and T-30 Torx bit are two that can remember off the top of my head. There was one other bit, but i cant recall which it was.

Comment

Working...
              X