Production Precision Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    If you shoot enough to burn a barrel quickly then barrel life is the cheap part. I’m about 900 rds down on my 6 CM, and expect 1600-1800.
    You are spot on. I dont mind burning them out just have read some really low numbers. Yours don't sound bad at all. Maybe people really hot rodding it? This kinda rifle would see lots of range time. This exact rifle in the video would fill a huge void in the safe and something ive been wanting. Are you hand loading? Are you having to re tune your load very often due to erosion or has it stayed pretty consistent? Obviously every rifle can be different... Ive been doing my best to hold off on this year's TBH APR build because of my dogs cancer surgery taking ALOT of $... Still might cave on that.. But being I had a couple built last year that are similar its been a little hard to justify. This build is the route I was hoping the APR would kinda go. I really could use a designated range/PRS rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      I thought $1999 was production class limits?
      Have you heard of badrock rifles? Bought one of those units in 6.5prc while back. Get that unit right at that price and shoot lights out. Brother in law has taken that rifle to 1200 several times and he loves it. It’s a chassis tho.
      Last edited by Txarrowhunter; 01-19-2020, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
        You are spot on. I dont mind burning them out just have read some really low numbers. Yours don't sound bad at all. Maybe people really hot rodding it? This kinda rifle would see lots of range time. This exact rifle in the video would fill a huge void in the safe and something ive been wanting. Are you hand loading? Are you having to re tune your load very often due to erosion or has it stayed pretty consistent? Obviously every rifle can be different... Ive been doing my best to hold off on this year's TBH APR build because of my dogs cancer surgery taking ALOT of $... Still might cave on that.. But being I had a couple built last year that are similar its been a little hard to justify. This build is the route I was hoping the APR would kinda go. I really could use a designated range/PRS rifle.
        I was kind of hoping it would go that direction, too. I had something VERY similar to this build in mind as one of the options. Maybe next time.

Comment

6 gay tiger!

Comment

I have several GAP rifles. Big fan! It helps that they are so close to my home.

Comment

Production Precision Rifle

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
              I have several GAP rifles. Big fan! It helps that they are so close to my home.

Ha I’m a big fan too but if I lived that close to them I’d be poor and divorced [emoji23][emoji23]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Very good rifle. About the only benefit of production class was the introduction of some really solid rifles for the money.

Comment

Would you guys lug bed the mini chassis or bolt it up and go. I know bedding kinda defeats the purpose but ive read alot of different things.

Comment

Would you guys lug bed the mini chassis or bolt it up and go. I know bedding kinda defeats the purpose but ive read alot of different things.

George and his guys will tell you that you don’t need it but they only charge 35$ (last I checked) to bed just the recoil lug.

I’ve shot rifles both with a mini chassis (not bedded) and mini chassis (bedded recoil lug only)

No real difference in accuracy that I saw. So completely personal preference. If it gives you warm and tinglies go right ahead.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                      George and his guys will tell you that you don’t need it but they only charge 35$ (last I checked) to bed just the recoil lug.

I’ve shot rifles both with a mini chassis (not bedded) and mini chassis (bedded recoil lug only)

No real difference in accuracy that I saw. So completely personal preference. If it gives you warm and tinglies go right ahead.

Sierracharlie out…
                      As of today it is $135 to have the lug bedded. Trying to decide if it is something worth doing. Try to figure out all the pros/cons and see what side out weighs the other. I actually put a deposit down on one of these rifles today. I held off on this year's APR deal cause its bad timing but this rifle is almost exactly what I was wanting this year. I didn't want to possibly miss out as its a limited deal and seams to be popular on the internet. If I decide it's not best move I have a buddy that will take it. Just want to make the right decisions no matter who ends up with it.

Comment

As of today it is $135 to have the lug bedded. Trying to decide if it is something worth doing. Try to figure out all the pros/cons and see what side out weighs the other. I actually put a deposit down on one of these rifles today. I held off on this year's APR deal cause its bad timing but this rifle is almost exactly what I was wanting this year. I didn't want to possibly miss out as its a limited deal and seams to be popular on the internet. If I decide it's not best move I have a buddy that will take it. Just want to make the right decisions no matter who ends up with it.

Yeah when I had mine done it was many years ago now haha. I don’t think you NEED it but with that being said I built a 243 on a manners mini chassis. I had them bed it and the gun was definitely a hammer! It gave me warm and tinglies knowing the lug wouldn’t have a chance to move even it if wanted to.

YMMV but either way you won’t have a problem moving. If you get a 6 creed and don’t want it I’d be interested in buying it haha!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Yeah when I had mine done it was many years ago now haha. I don’t think you NEED it but with that being said I built a 243 on a manners mini chassis. I had them bed it and the gun was definitely a hammer! It gave me warm and tinglies knowing the lug wouldn’t have a chance to move even it if wanted to.

YMMV but either way you won’t have a problem moving. If you get a 6 creed and don’t want it I’d be interested in buying it haha!

Sierracharlie out…
                          As of now I told them to bed it. Just trying to figure out if it was worth it over the few cons. Ex. Not being able to switch actions easily, etc. Its hard to know. Ive been reading like crazy. I way over think and stress things. I drive myself insane.

I did go 6 creed.

Comment

As of now I told them to bed it. Just trying to figure out if it was worth it over the few cons. Ex. Not being able to switch actions easily, etc. Its hard to know. Ive been reading like crazy. I way over think and stress things. I drive myself insane.

I did go 6 creed.

I think you will be fine and yes are way overthinking haha!! But I think most people do that at some point. If you ever want to sell it, sell it as a package (barreled action and stock) it will retain more resale value that way IMO.

I have a hunch once you put hands on it and a few rounds down range you won’t be wanting to get rid of it any time soon! Nice snag!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I think you will be fine and yes are way overthinking haha!! But I think most people do that at some point. If you ever want to sell it, sell it as a package (barreled action and stock) it will retain more resale value that way IMO.

I have a hunch once you put hands on it and a few rounds down range you won’t be wanting to get rid of it any time soon! Nice snag!

Sierracharlie out…
                              I will probably leave it getting bedded for now. Will continue to stress all my choices though haha it's really a problem...

I'm sure I will love it. It would really fill a huge void in my safe and see alot of use. I'm not 100% sold on the barrel but figured shoot it out and go from there. This kinda build is not something I have a ton of knowledge about but seemed like a fair deal by a reputable builder. I felt like I shouldnt pass it up.
                              Last edited by OSU Fisher; 01-24-2020, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Does anybody have an idea on weight? He stated standard fill and everything is moving heavy but then said it will be on the lighter side. My father in law tried calling earlier in the week but they must be out of the office due to shot show

Comment

Working...
                                X