Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Bourbon and Whiskey Carnage Thread - Official

Why not, huh? There’s a carnage thread for everything else. 😂

Plus, this will show me what brands folks will actually finish until the last drop, not buy and leave in the counter after they find out the next best thing tastes like formaldehyde.

Enjoy and cheers!

Lol I have a bottle that’s sitting there just wasting space. It definitely wouldn’t be a member of this thread anytime soon.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I alternate between about 5 brands. Right now, half empty bottles of both Buffalo Trace and Woodfords Reserve are on the cabinet. I really think I like the Buffalo Trace as good neat as anything. Usually get Woodfords as a gift. Next bottle might be Makers Mark or Bulliet.

Comment

[IMG]IMG_0185 2.HEIC[/IMG]This one won't make the night

Well it was Knob Creek Rye. Cant get the pic to post.
        Last edited by Mark116; 01-23-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark116 View Post
          [IMG]IMG_0185 2.HEIC[/IMG]This one won't make the night

Well it was Knob Creek Rye. Cant get the pic to post.
          Pretty sure knob creek rye is just produced by mgp. Wild Turkey rye ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
            I alternate between that and Woodford Double Oaked.

Rye goes with Sprite Woodford over ice>

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
              I alternate between about 5 brands. Right now, half empty bottles of both Buffalo Trace and Woodfords Reserve are on the cabinet. I really think I like the Buffalo Trace as good neat as anything. Usually get Woodfords as a gift. Next bottle might be Makers Mark or Bulliet.
              I tried Woofords when Costco was out of Buffalo Trace. It was $19.99 and I thought for that price, why not. Wow, was it good.

Went back when I finish the bottle and learned that price was a special.

What kills me is I can never find Wellers any more and now Buffalo Trace seems to have dried up.

I guess I'll need to try the Makers Mark or buy a case of Woodfords. Pay once cry once, right.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                Knob Creek is a Beam product. There are a bunch out there though that are distilled by MGP. I happen to like both the Knob and Turkey Ryes.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                  I tried Woofords when Costco was out of Buffalo Trace. It was $19.99 and I thought for that price, why not. Wow, was it good.

What kills me is I can never find Wellers any more and now Buffalo Trace seems to have dried up.

I guess I'll need to try the Makers Mark or buy a case of Woodfords. Pay once cry once, right.
                  The Buffalo Trace/Weller products are cyclical drops at the liquor stores, there will be at least one week each month where you can find those bottles. Either have to check every week on drop days or develop a relationship with a store where they will let you know. Typically the bigger stores like Specs will sell out of BT or Weller Special Reserve within a couple days. Smaller stores might sell out same day.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

19.99 Woodford would be awesome. I’ll have to try the Turkey Rye

Comment

19.99 Woodford would be awesome. I’ll have to try the Turkey Rye

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post

Yeah, I get Woodfords from the wife sometimes at Christmas or my birthday, but I'm too tight to buy it for everyday. Makers Mark is about as good, and try a bottle of Bulliet. Bulliet is kind of between Buffalo Trace and Makers in price at my store. And I like the old "frontier whiskey" bottle.

Comment

Willett is good, Rowan's Creek is good, 1792 is OK, Elijah Craig, all good, but the three i like at the price point I like are Buffalo Trace, Makers Mark,and Bulliet...

Comment

Working...
                          X