Pipe Fencing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipe Fencing?

Those that have a pipe fence, was is your spacing between post, as in feet?
    Thanks

8-10 ft

Comment

My post are 8 ft apart. Post are 8 ft long, with 3 ft cemented in the ground. 5ft tall with 5 sucker rods and 2 3/8 top rail.

Comment

We just got a new to us home. 10’ ish between ours. If I built it, 8’ max for me. That’s just my two cents. We only have pipe at the top. Our wire at the bottom is weak. But it is cheap wire as well.

Comment

What length of materials you using? 32’ new pipe I’d do 8’. Good ole drill stem by the time you cut the collars off for the top rail you only got about 30’ so do 10’.

Comment

8’, 17/8” pipe, 5’ tall, no climb horse fence fabric

TMKBDD

Comment

With the drill stem for posts can you drive them with a gas powered post driver or do you have to set them in concrete?

Comment

If it's 2 3/8", I put them on 10' centers. You can cut the ends off and make the splices right on top of the posts. It will make changes in grade look nicer. Also if using 20' welded wire panels, the splice will be on the posts as well and hidden from view.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  If it's 2 3/8", I put them on 10' centers. You can cut the ends off and make the splices right on top of the posts. It will make changes in grade look nicer. Also if using 20' welded wire panels, the splice will be on the posts as well and hidden from view.
                  ^^^^this

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                    With the drill stem for posts can you drive them with a gas powered post driver or do you have to set them in concrete?
                    Yes, drive them 3 ft.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                      My post are 8 ft apart. Post are 8 ft long, with 3 ft cemented in the ground. 5ft tall with 5 sucker rods and 2 3/8 top rail.
                      This!

Comment

mine are 10' apart. I bought precut 3"x8' and have 4 rail 2 7/8".

Comment

I did mine 10’ apart

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
                            What length of materials you using?
                            Not me. My uncle is wanting me to build it. He wants it 10ft. The place he is buying the pipe from told him average length of drill stem is 30ft. I told him drill stem normally comes in 32ft. I'm gonna tell him he needs to know for sure. 32ft lengths, I would go 8ft, 30ft lengths, then 10ft.
                            Then he wants it 4ft tall, 3 rails. Me personally, would go 5ft. with a top and bottom rail with sucker rods in-between. But my aunt don't think that will hold up!!
                            Going to be a horse pen and riding pen. My aunt is big in Arabian horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
                              This!
                              THIS! Then no-climb over it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X